MEASURES TO CONTAIN VEHICULAR POLLUTION
THROUGH FIXING THE ROOT CAUSES OF HIGH VEHICULAR EMISSIONS..CONTAINING SALE OF ADULTERATED FUELS; MANDATORY PERIODIC VEHICLE MAINTENANCE; ENSURING AVAILABILITY OF QUALITY SPARE PARTS; MANDATORY FORMAL LEARNING OF DRIVING Etc
Educating people regarding need to contain vehicular pollution; Better implementation of alternative day even-odd number vehicles through Colour Bar-Coded Stickers for easy identification, all day permit for Doctors, Ambulances, Emergency Service, Military, Police, Electronic Media OB vans, Embassy, People with Disabilities, Senior Citizens, Online Instant Special Permission for All Medical Emergencies to Travel on Restricted days; Measures for Containing Fuel Adulteration during Transit by Oil-Tankers from Oil Manufacturers to Fuel Stations through monitoring Online Real Time movement of Vehicle of Live Video through GPS with multiple CC Cameras installed on the Vehicle; Mandatory installation of CC cameras in Fuel Stations for online real time monitoring, mandatory to conduct & display online, quality & quantity tests every day before the first sale; Installation of Electronic Automated Tank Gauging Systems, real time online Inventory of fuels, lubricants stock, sale, from manufacturer to dealer to fuel retailer; Fuel Dispensation to vehicles through bar coded request slip issued at fuel stations with details of vehicle registration number, quantity of fuel purchased, online real time sale data shared with RTA for ensuring no adulteration of fuel happens; Complete Ban & Stricter Punishments for Manufacture, Distribute, Sale, Purchase of fuels, lubricants Loose outside Fuel Stations; Making it mandatory for all vehicles to undergo Periodic Maintenance as per service limit of vehicle, changing lubricants/engine oils, filters, exhaust system etc from registered service vehicle centers, for ensuring emissions are in limits, Mandatory for all vehicle service centers to get register with Govt.; Mandatory online real time sharing of details of vehicle service, repair, maintenance details with RTA for record, all vehicle service payments only through bank transaction; Ban on manufacture, import, distribute, sale, use, purchase of spare parts for vehicles other than authorised Manufacturers; all spare parts must be sold through service centers, with ban on individual sale; Mandatory Govt. RTA maintain history of the vehicles from purchase to scrapping, all service, repair, accident, fines Details Mandatory periodic pollution emission limit tests with online real time sharing of data with RTA; Periodic surprise pollution checks for 0.05% of total strength of vehicles randomly at multiple locations every day by RTA Mandatory for all vehicle owners/ drivers to send confirmation to RTA for daily check list for fitness of vehicle like checking tyre pressure, engine oils, battery, fuel before vehicle movement to ensure proper tyre pressure maintained to improve mileage and reduce emissions; Heavy penalty for vehicles break down on roads due to lack of fuel causing hundreds of vehicles emit excess emissions due to slow movement of vehicle; Mandatory for every vehicle to maintenance online real time log book for mileage done every day; Mandatory for Welfare Associations of Resident (RWA), Commercial Passenger/ Goods Transport to maintain data of population of vehicles in their territory, and ensuring periodic maintenance, pollution tests, for vehicles in their Association to ensure creation of Vehicle Pooling, voluntary group for medical emergency response etc; Mandatory for Youth aged between 21 to 50 be part of Community Policing, working in coordination with police in Special Establishment to tracking trip of Women passengers hiring commercial passenger vehicles RWA wise, Ward wise to ensure safe journey, confirmation of reach to destination on every trip; Govt. ensuring availability of quality Roads in cities, daily monitoring of condition of roads through moving in vehicle mounted with high end CC Cameras, over night repair of roads for ensuring smooth flow of traffic; dynamic traffic signalling time ensuring more time to flow in a given direction in case of other side is having no traffic; Complete ban on stopping traffic, diverting traffic for providing green channel movement to anyone with exceptions to Prime Minister, President of Country, and also of Foreign countries; Compete ban of protests, processions, political road shows on city roads; Mandatory for heavy vehicles, commercial passenger vehicles, four wheelers to maintain APP based GPS system, mandatory to provide starting & end destination on APP, Govt. monitor traffic density, direct these category vehicles to follow alternative route mandatorily to decongest Traffic, avoid Traffic Jams; Real-time information for vehicles about stoppage time at signals subjected to dynamic signalling timings; Ban of street vendors, begging at traffic signal, on pavements, CC camera monitoring of all Roads; Heavy fine for walking on traffic roads, mandatory to use pavements, zebra crossing, foot over bridges ;Stricter norms for issue of Driving Licences in future with mandatory learning of driving from vehicle driving schools with minimum of 50 hours of practice on vehicle under training of instructor, re testing of existing driving licence-holder for driving skills, for ensuring all vehicle drivers follow standard driving norms for optimal use of clutch, changing gears at exact speeds, maintain optimal RPM to enhance fuel efficiency & reduce emissions, which also help in reducing accidents; Fixing life span of vehicles for 10 years, mandatory scrapping else keep as monument paying extra taxes as more fuel efficient technologies with less emissions are emerging every year; Stringent vehicle parking norms with self printable bar coded parking token downloadable by vehicle owners from RTA website after submitting details of periodic maintenance, pollution checks to ensure only full fit vehicles only allowed to park in the parking slots; Mandatory for all the commercial passenger vehicles hiring through GPS based mobile APP or through call centre booking only and payments for ride through mobile cash, banning picking up on road side to protect people from exploitation by private passenger transport in the event of more demand for vehicles: Limited Commercial Permit for all non commercial private passenger vehicles (4 & 2 wheelers) who can pick up some one enroute from work place to home to reduce traffic load on the public transport systems, to ensure more transport available to people with less fuel burning thus reduced emissions, in addition increased mobility convenience to people and also additional revenues earnings for their empty vehicle trips through government created & maintained APP based GPS booking;; Single Pre Paid Smart Card for both Bus & Metro Rail, ensuring more convenience for commuters; Creation of mobile APP for vigilant-arin group of volunteers for sending the traffic violations occurred for rectification; Heavy penalty for violation of traffic pollution norms; Govt registration mandatory to use diesel power generators, Machines for commercial and residential purposes to regulate lose diesel; Levy of addition cess for use of diesel generators, subsidy for electric inverters, solar power, mandatory common areas in residential, commercial buildings to be lighted with solar power, inverter power during power cut/failure of discom's power supply; Weekly holiday for markets for different territories on different days of the week; also banning educational institutions from using personal motored vehicles, mandatory all educational institutions must provide mass mode transport like bus/ metro; Levy of tax for more than 15 km travel to work place from home to ensure people stay near the work place to reduce number of kilometres of vehicles movement, encouraging bicycle use by the students, citizens, subsidies for buying bicycles, electric vehicles; Construction of vertical bicycle parking at metro stations, bus stands, market, providing bicycles at nominal rent by Govt. for used by public; Incentives for employees for using bicycle; mandatory for all educational institutions, office establishments to rise greenery,rise indoor air purifier plants, two plants for every 200 sft covered built up area, supply of subsidized Indoor plants to citizens; Criminal office to cut tress, put on fire dried leaves, garbage; Govt. manufacture of Vermin compost with garbage; Mandatory to Practice Breathing Exercises by all Students & Employees Daily for few minutes to decongest their chest, making every citizen practice for healthy breathing & living...
v NEED FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF ALTERNATIVE DAY EVEN NO, ODD NO VEHICLES TO REDUCE VEHICLE POLLUTION
v MEASURE TO ENSURE STRICT IMPLEMENTATION OF EMISSION NORMS THROUGH CONTROLLING PARKING OF VEHICLES
v MEASURES TO IDENTIFY VIOLATIONS OF TRAFFIC RULES
v MEASURES TO REDUCE POLLUTION BY CONTAINING FUEL ADULTERATION
v ESTABLISHMENT OF AGENCY TO COLLECT THE USED FLUIDS DRAINED FROM THE VEHICLES FROM SERVICE STATIONS FOR SAFE DISPOSAL.
v MEASURES FOR ENSURING LOW EMISSIONS FROM VEHICLES THROUGH MANDATORY PERIODIC MAINTENANCE
v MANDATORY ONLINE SUBMISSION OF VEHICLE FITNESS BY ALL VEHICLE USERS TO REDUCE EMISSIONS
v HEAVY FINE IN CASE THE VEHICLE BREAK DOWN SUDDENLY ON THE MIDDLE OF ROAD IN THE TRAFFIC DUE TO LOW FUEL, OR DUE TO TYRE DEFLATION, ENGINE OVER HEATING DUE TO LEAKAGE OF / THICKENING OF LUBRICANTS ETC
v MANDATORY TRAINING/ EDUCATION OF DRIVERS REGARDING OPTIMAL SPEEDS TO CHANGE GEARS, OPTIMAL USE OF CLUTCH AND MAINTAINING IDEAL RPM FOR ENSURING LOW EMISSIONS
v MANDATORY DIGITAL ONLINE LOG BOOK WITH RTA BY EVERY VEHICLE USER FOR MULTIPLE BENEFITS
v DIGITAL ONLINE REAL TIME POLLUTION UNDER CONTROL CERTIFICATION TO ENSURE VEHICLES ARE MAINTAINED PROPERLY
v BANNING MANUFACTURING, IMPORT OF SPARE PARTS WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE MANUFACTURERS OF VEHICLES TO CONTAIN SUB STANDARD SPARE PARTS USAGE DURING REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE TO CONTAIN VEHICLE POLLUTION
v BAN ON RE-BORING OF ENGINES OR FITTING SECOND HAND ENGINES
v RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RESIDENT WELFARE ASSOCIATIONS, APARTMENTS/ GATED COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS, THE COMMERCIAL PASSENGER, GOODS TRANSPORT ASSOCIATIONS
v MANDATORY CREATION OF COMMUNITY POLICING WARD WISE, RWA WISE, and MANDATORY FOR YOUTH AGED BETWEEN 21 TO 40 SHOULD BE PART OF IT
v ONLINE REAL TIME TRACKING COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES USED BY WOMEN PASSENGERS, THE ENTIRE TRIP TILL THEY REACH THE DESTINATION
v SOLAR POWERED STREET LIGHTS ON EVERY ROAD IN THE CITY; ALL ROADS SHOULD HAVE FENCING, ALL ROADS UNDER CC CAMERA SURVEILLANCE
v INCENTIVES FOR VOLUNTARY INITIATIVES TO REDUCE POLLUTION
v PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION
v PENALTY FOR PURCHASING SECOND VEHICLE
v STRINGENT NORMS FOR PROVIDING DRIVING LICENCE FOR NEW LICENCES, ALL EXISTING DRIVING LICENCES MUST UNDER GO IN CAMERA TEST AND MUST GET EDUCATED OR QUALITY DRIVING TO REDUCE EMISSIONS
v MEASURE TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS FROM EXPLOITATION BY THE COMMERCIAL PRIVATE PASSENGER VEHICLES.
v FIXING THE CHARGES FOR COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES CABS/AUTOS DURING PEAK HOURS LIMITING TO 1.2 TIMES MAXIMUM OR 20% EXTRA ON NORMAL CHARGES
v VEHICLE POOLING (CAR & TWO WHEELER) THROUGH RWA, SOCIETIES THROUGH GOVERNMENT
v MANDATORY VEHICLE POOLING FOR THE GOVERNMENT OFFICERS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE AND USING GOVERNMENT VEHICLES FOR PICK UP & DROP FROM HOME TO OFFICE
v COMMERCIAL PERMIT FOR NON COMMERCIAL CITIZEN PERSONAL VEHICLES (TWO/FOUR) IN LIMITED WAY, I.E WHEN THEIR EXISTS EMPTY SPACE (ONE PASSENGER IN CASE OF TWO WHEELER, 3 OR 4 PASSENGERS IN CASE OF FOUR WHEELERS) TO ENSURING AVAILABILITY OF MORE NUMBER OF VEHICLES TO THE COMMUTERS, ALSO TO REDUCE LOAD ON THE MULTI MODE MASS TRANSPORT SYSTEM.
v GOVERNMENT MONITORED APP BASED COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS FOR BOTH COMMERCIAL AND NON COMMERCIAL VEHICLES WHICH RETURN EMPTY/ AFTER THEIR DAY ENDS; FIXED NUMBER OF DRIVING OF VEHICLES FOR ALL COMMERCIAL PASSENGER OR DRIVER DRIVEN NON COMMERCIAL PRIVATE VEHICLES
v MANDATORY UNIFIED PAYMENT CARD FOR METRO, BUSES (EVEN FOR COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES LIKE TAXIES/ AUTOS) FOR PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE CASH, INCENTIVES FOR THAT, 30% HIGHER COST FOR CASH PAYMENT TICKETS
v VOLUNTARY/ NOMINAL PAY VEHICLE SERVICES DURING MEDICAL EMERGENCIES THROUGH CREATION OF RWA VOLUNTARY GROUPS TO FERRY PEOPLE IN THE RWA/ NEAR BY TERRITORY IN CASE OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR FOR ATTENDING MEDICAL NEEDS
v OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE EMISSION; ENCOURAGE USING BICYCLES
v MANDATORY TO REGISTER WITH GOVERNMENT FOR USE OF DIESEL GENERATORS, DIESEL/ PETROL/ KEROSENE OPERATED STATIONARY MACHINES; TO REDUCE FUEL ADULTERATION DUE TO LOSE FUEL SALE
v MEASURES TO ENSURE QUALITY ROADS IN CITIES FOR SMOOTH RIDES WITHOUT TRAFFIC JAMS TO CONTAIN EMISSIONS; MEASURES TO ENSURE SMOOTH FLOW OF TRAFFIC ON THE ROADS WITHOUT TRAFFIC JAMS.
v ESTABLISHMENT OF VERMI COMPOST PLANTS IN THE OUTSKIRTS TO CONVERT DRY LEAVES WASTE TO VERMI COMPOST, INSTEAD OF BURNING CAUSING POLLUTION
v BANNING WOOD FIRED STOVES IN THE CITIES; CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO CUT THE TRESS; CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO USE WOOD FOR FUNERALS
As it is a fact that India is a developing economy with more than 70% of the youth population, and due to rapid urbanisation more people are migrating to cities as a result the cities are overcrowded population, since vehicles are essential for transport/ mobility, the vehicles population is also proportionally rising, and it is a fact that there is very poor ratio of road density to the vehicle population, as a result the average speed of the vehicles on the city roads is drastically get reduced, also since every day hundreds of vehicles are getting added to the already choked city traffic vehicle density, further causing excess level of emissions, added to it most of the vehicles are poor maintained/ ill maintained, no change of lubricating oils, filters etc as a rest there is drastic reduction in mileage which means more emissions, in addition most of the people who are driving the vehicles either drivers or owners are un professional trained drivers, who learned driving informally, not in the vehicle driving schools, Lakhs skills in driving (he number of accidents, accidental deaths will itself evident that majority of drivers lack even though they got formal driving licence from government), resulting in causing of high fuel consumption leading to heavy pollution, also another major factor is adulterated fuel, adulterated lubricants causing more emissions making the environment in cities more worst, also due to poor quality of roads in cities leading to slow traffic/traffic jams and more emissions; added to this is no public awareness and public responsibility for the society to reduce the emissions, as a result most of the cites in INDIA are having several folds excess levels of air pollution harming the health of every citizens in many ways, due to low sully of oxygen to the body due to choked/ shrinked lung capacity, especially the children and young working age people and elderly people resulting in heavy medical expenses in addition to causing loss of life’s, if the same trend is continued for few more years without doing the course correction in the system making every one act responsibility in the larger interest of overall health of people of the country, economy of the country, India world become multiple health discords capital of the world or death capital of world and also the development will be drastically decline due to loss of potential percentage of working age group people, as such it is necessary to take drastic steps to reduce vehicular pollution that yield the desired results through fixing the root cause of the pollution.
This document provides solutions to the issues which yield the desired positive sustainable results in the need of the hour measures in the larger interest, the spirit of solutions on sincere implementation yield sustained positive results not only in India but in all other countries.
NEED FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF ALTERNATIVE DAY EVEN NO, ODD NO VEHICLES TO REDUCE VEHICLE POLLUTION
It is a fact that most of the cities, especially the capital cities the quality of air is very poor due to heavy emissions from vehicles, and the situation is such that the maximum permissible limits of pollutants crossed several fold causing several health discords to millions of people, especially the infants, the school going children, pregnant women, elderly people and also to the youth.
In order to improve the air quality the first step is to reduce the vehicles emission by curtailing the vehicle movement, the alternative day even number odd number movement of vehicles in city roads on stricter implementation will certainly reduce the pollution levels at least 30 to 40%, which means air quality will improve by 30 to 40 % (as some exemptions, leakages etc will lead only 70 to 80 % of vehicles expected to follow the alternative day traffic system); even if such percentage of reduction is a great thing, help in improving the health of millions of people, even though it may cause severe inconvenience to people in the beginning, but due to various other measures aiming at improving the mobility of the people will certainly ensure that people ‘s mobility inconvenient minimized to a great extent, and as compared to the improvement of health of millions of people, the minor inconvenience if at all should not be an issue to public. And for the effective implementation, the public support is needed, and also to ensure every section of people in the society follow the norms in the larger interest of people of the territory, the government has to formulate the guidelines and ensure stricter implementation again in the larger interest of people.
The following measure will certainly make the implementation of alterative day even no, odd no vehicles mobility in a foolproof manner, with bare minimum inconvenience covering all aspects, nullifying all the apprehensions of common people.
1) The first process is to educate people about the need for clean air, how much the vehicle pollution is, how it is effecting people on their health; for this rigorous advertisement, audio visual should be displayed at public gathering every colony wise, ward wise (Monhalla Sabha's), in addition door to door campaign like a election campaign must be done, in addition to rigorous publicity in television, radio and social media and also on mobiles.
2) There should be a mobile APP to register volunteers for the campaign, they should be trained in educating the people about the need for containing pollution, how it can be contained, how the common apprehensions of the people government is going to be addressed in due course, with martial to distribute to the citizens and make them understand and cooperate with government, as part of responsibilities of the citizens to reduce vehicular pollution in the common good larger interest.
3) Also it should be mandatory that awareness campaign must be done in all educational institutions, all office establishments both government and private, also in all RWA and societies and also in all apartment associations.
4) In order to ensure easy identification of vehicles in case of alterative day Even No, odd Number system implementation, Government must issue different colour bar coded stickers for even no vehicles, odd number vehicles, exempted vehicles in appropriate size to be displayed at 4 places on the vehicle, one in the left hand top of front side glass, one in right hand top of back side glass, at driver door for all right hand drive vehicles, one near to the the fuel filling lid for ensuring clear identification of the even no, odd no vehicles, and also vehicles which are exempted.
5) Also government must provide online web check the details of exempted vehicles with number, ownership details, so that in case any people fraudulently use the doctored stickers then such vehicles can be identified by simply web checking the details, either through mobile APP or SMS or through call centre, any violations can be brought to the notice of the RTA authorities. This measure reduces fraudulent unauthorised use of exemption tickets. Also it should be non bail able criminal offence to fraudulently use the exemption colour code doctored bar coded stickers.
6) The different colour bar coded stickers can be obtained by submitting the details of the vehicle by the owner in the RTA website through one time security code (pass word) sent to the mobile number of the owner of the vehicle for ensuring authentic persons only obtain the stickers; these stickers can be downloaded and colour printed by individuals anywhere if they possess a colour printer or in the internet centers.
This measure is the easiest way to ensure within a short period all the vehicles get registered with the government RTA to obtain the colour coding stickers. This measure also eliminates the rush, also vehicle frauds; government must in coordination with the mobile phone operators re verify the address of the owner mobile number to ensure the owners are authentic/ future use, in case of fraud the person can be brought to justice .In case vehicle owner do not possess the mobile number or e mail id, should submit details in person at the RTA in an affidavit form along with other proofs of ownership of vehicle.
7) Also all the private commercial passenger transport vehicles such as taxies, autos, must get separate bar code, separate colour sticker with all days permit, this measure ensures non yellow plate vehicles cannot get operated for commercial use un authorised/ illegally, all vehicles for commercial operations must get registered with government, it should be mandatory that all the commercial vehicles (passenger & goods) must be equipped with GPS system whether it is Auto, Car or Bus or Lorry.
8) All the doctors, police, emergency services like ambulances, fire service, Military vehicles etc should be exempted from alternate day even no odd no system, they should be provided with all day permit with different colour bar coded sticker.
9) Also for the individuals in medical emergencies for self or family members should get one time exemption code through instant permission to run vehicle on restricted days through SMS, or mobile APP of RTA by mentioning the reason briefly, such instant permit to use vehicle on restricted day has validity of 24 hours for attending the hospitals. In case more medical need, the same can be obtained by submitting proof of medical emergency; Ideal that all the residents must visit the local doctor in the vicinity of the residence.; Also temporary one time pass to run vehicles on restricted day for attending medical emergencies of family members by the immediate family members, also should get permit to run the vehicles on restricted days, one /two times a month, for this they should register with RTA the reason for medical emergency with family relation.
10) Also all day exemption should be provided to people with disabilities/ special needs, who can self drive their vehicle or use driver, for these kind of people all day permit colour coded pass with temporary validity can be downloaded by submitting the details, till they provide the certification for disability/special needs to get permanent all day permit pass.
11) Also retired people, people aged above 65 years, who are living alone should get all day permit coupon along with the photograph of the elderly people only for the personal use of the elderly people self driving or with driver, in case found that the all day exemption misused by the kin-kith of the elderly people, use the vehicles for going to office or other places of entertainment without the elderly people accompanied, such cases should attract heavy fine, along with cancellation of the all day permit. Also it should be the responsibility of the RWA and security to monitor and inform about such misuse.
12) Also all families with pregnant women or with infants below one year should get all day permit, also all patents getting treatment for heart disease should get all day permission for the family is the patent is living with the family in the same house.
13) All the embassy vehicles must be exempted from the even odd number, all the ministers, in the govt, the security vehicles must be permitted for all days.
14) Also it should be mandatory that all doctors must mandatorily get their vehicles all day exemption pass by providing the details like about their year of pass of the medical degree, from which medical college, district, state, country, registration number in the IMA, if no registration why not obtained till date, place of practice, residence, contact numbers, along with vehicle details and obtain the all day colour code bar coded stickers.
Doctors should get + sign colour code with bar coded sticker with vehicle registration number along with Indian Medical Association (IMA) Registration number on the sticker for authentication of genuineness of the doctor degree, to eliminate fake doctors.
It should be criminal offence on the part of the doctor to use personal vehicle without the exemption sticker, in case the same vehicle used by the family members of the doctors then they should get additional sticker, for even no, odd no. to use the vehicle for other than doctor use.
This measure ensures elimination of fake doctors to a considerable extent. In case Doctors uses other than doctor stickered vehicles, the public can report to the government for verification of authenticity of his/ her degree. Also it should be the duty and responsibility of the IMA to provide details of doctors registered with them who posses genuine medical degree in the website with name, photograph, place of practice ward wise, RWA wise.
15) All the government vehicles must get all day permit, and all the government vehicles must be fitted with GPS and must have online real time log details of trips from home to office, office to home for officers, also in case if the vehicle goes out of the office, the purpose of going out should be clearly recorded online before it goes out of the office. This measure reduces to a great extent misuse of government vehicle for personal purpose. Even if the government hires private vehicles for the official use, those vehicles also should be subjected to same conditions as government owned vehicles of GPS, online real time log book.
16) Also government must ensure that all the employees of the government are allocated houses to the shortest distance from the place of work rather than choice place of stay.
Also government must provide bus service to all the government employees, it should be mandatory on the part of the government employees (other than who are eligible to have official government vehicle) must use the mass mode transport like bus/ metro or use bicycle/ electric vehicle for attending the office, only for official work they can use the official vehicle; Also government must provide concessional or free bus pass/ metro pass for all the government employees valid only for attending the workplace and to return home.
17) As far as the Non state registration vehicles running in the state or crossing the state must get temporary permit for all days movement (in the event of alternative day Even no, odd no. measure implementation), for few days, for all those travellers, tourists who uses personal vehicles (non commercial vehicles); this measure ensures that tourist do not have any inconvenience.
In case the vehicle which are otherwise running from neighbouring states come frequently to the other state on business / medical work, they should be provided all day permit.
All people who own a non state registration number vehicle because their place of living is bordering the other state (Example UP Haryana), but place of work is in the state (Example Delhi), and for work they travel every day in their vehicles, such vehicles should be subjected to alternate day even no, odd no, vehicle permit based on the registration number of the vehicle, over and above they are subjected to cess/ penalty for travelling more than 15 km to attend the work place, causing environmental pollution in case they are using a diesel vehicle, petrol vehicle.
All the commercial passenger vehicles with non state registration who are plying in the state for more than week days must get extension for one more week with penalty or get the current state registration. This measure will certainly provide more revenues to the state; also it provides security to the passengers.
18) All the CNG, Electric vehicles must get all day permission whether state or non state even for personal vehicles or for commercial use.
19) Also all electronic media OB vans and crew carrying vehicles to support OB activities must get all day permit.
20) Also one time onward entry pass and one time return pass for all vehicles going for maintenance to the vehicle repair/ maintenance sheds once in a month to permit the vehicles to travel on the restricted day in the specific route from home/ vehicle location to the repair /maintenance centre.
21) Also all government officials going on emergency meetings out of office hours must get one time pass on mobile for use of personal vehicle on restricted days.
22) Automatic revoking of restrictions of alternative day even no, odd no during natural calamities.
MEASURE TO ENSURE STRICT IMPLEMENTATION OF EMISSION NORMS THROUGH CONTROLLING PARKING OF VEHICLES
23) In order to ensure strict implementation of the alternative day even no, odd no, for ensuring periodic maintenance of the vehicles, for ensuring periodic pollution check, Government must make parking control stricter, as by and large almost all the vehicles has to park their vehicles at some place or other like markets, office establishments, bus/rail stations, air ports, entertainment centers like malls, cinema halls , parks etc; through parking the violations can be identified; for this it should be mandatory that all parking slots should get bar coded reader machines, mobile phone bar code reader, all parking slips must be bar coded; in order to reduce the frauds of parking the vehicle owners should get parking slips printed by themselves with limited validity online from the RTA by submitting details of vehicle, periodic maintenance, periodic pollution certification details (it is very need of the hour that government make it mandatory that every vehicle must undergo periodic maintenance, periodic pollution check); it is the duty of the parking people to verify the number physically as well as read the bar coded parking slip to permit the vehicle to enter the parking lot. In case of paid parking areas they should obtain the printed paid slips online by paying it online, or in any RTA office counter. This eliminates parking frauds; in addition compel vehicle owners to adhere to norms.
This measure should be applied to all parking places whether in the commercial markets, free parking places, or in the office establishment’s government or private. This measure will certainly reduce use of vehicles on the restricted days of even no odd no system.
24) In order to ensure foolproof measures of the parking system, to control vehicle emissions, All the Parking lots must be mandatorily under High Resolution CC Cameras and the Parking bills must be provided even in the free parking areas in the market yards and in office establishments etc clearly mentioning the vehicle number.
25) Also public holiday on lottery system for the day in the markets/ commercial places i.e. some places Sunday holiday, some places has Monday holiday, some places has Tuesday holiday etc on lottery system. Every year, this measure reduces further traffic congestion in section of the territory of the city/ district.
MEASURES TO IDENTIFY VIOLATIONS OF TRAFFIC RULES
26) It should be mandatory that all the vehicle owners must get register their latest address, their latest mobile contact number, e mail ID, social media ID’s and alternate contact number of the parents, guardians / children etc; non registering/ updating should attract heavy penalty/ fine, also concealing/ wrong information should lead to imprisonment. RWA and commercial vehicles associations must also be involved to identify territory wise population of vehicles and the contact details for further authenticity of details.
27) Also it should be the responsibility of the RWA, Commercial vehicles association to identify the excess pollution emissions in case vehicles emit, as vehicles has to start every day from the same points, they should advise in writing to the concerned to rectify the same, in addition inform RTA about this, else the RWA, Commercial vehicles association of that territory also equally liable for penalty/ fine for wilful negligence/ connivance. This measure ensures that vehicles with excess emissions will get repair/ rectify the same to ensure the emission norms are as per standards.
28) There should be volunteers to register in the RTA for sending the photographs, all the volunteers phone must be under GPS surveillance, so that when they take photograph of the violation in that local territory wise, even otherwise while moving out of their designated territory they can send the photographs clicked from mobile for violations
29) Also there should be a mobile app for providing photograph of the vehicles violation of even number odd number violations or polluting vehicles by volunteers or public.
30) Also government must install multiple high resolution CC cameras at all the traffic signals to take the photographs/ slow motion video of the vehicles from the front with clear focus on the front name plates and also installation of CC cameras 50 meters behind the single with focus on number plates from rear end of the vehicle; this measure will certainly fix the restricted day violations clearly, all the traffic violations should be sent to RTA for record and collection of the penalty fine levied.
31) It should be the responsibility of the RTA to collect the traffic violation penalty/ fine from the vehicle owner in coordination with Traffic Police by sending the challans/ fine bill delivered to the home address, or mobile number of the owner of the vehicle, or RWA/ commercial vehicles association in case non delivery, non payment within stipulated time (15 days of violation). In case the violators do not respond / pay within 30 days of violation, the violation photographs should be displayed in the face book of the RTA, Traffic police with reward for informing the address of the violator; in such cases the fine collected should be 5 times the actual fine, and the reward should be one time the fine, and the informers identity should be kept secret. This measure certainly reduces various types of traffic violations, and the traffic police cannot ignore the violations either intentionally by taking bribes or otherwise due to callousness;
Also for effective implementation, RTA must pay 50% of the revenues obtained on account of traffic violations to the Traffic police department, of which 10% of the amount of fine collected as incentives to the traffic police welfare association. (after all traffic police are exposed to severe pollution related health hazards); this measure certainly yield the desired results, as the traffic police will work more enthusiastically, also people will be cautious as everything is digital photographed/ video graphed, date and time of violation is recorded.
All the non state registration vehicles the traffic violation fine should be collected on the spot, in order to ensure that the traffic violators did not offer bribe, or traffic police take bribe for letting them go after violation all the traffic police should be equipped with wireless remote CC cameras on their chest to record the violation, and conversation and collection of the fee, in addition all traffic police must be provided with high end smart phones in CUG to ensure they scan the documents of the vehicles which they stopped for any traffic violation or for excess emission which will be instantly go the central server of the RTA online real time;
Also all the fine collected is through online hand held wireless billing machine, a print out of the challan should be issued, which has a validity 24 hours, which will be online in the RTA, traffic police network so that any other place within 24 hours the traffic police cannot levy fine for the violation other than traffic signal jumping. This measure ensures that all the non state registration traffic violators demand for a printed bill by paying the fine rather than bribe and let run away.
In order to have better results all the installation of CC cameras, maintenance and also surveillance/ monitoring of traffic violations should be done by RTA or should be given to private organisations with sharing of revenues of 5% for monitoring and catching the traffic rules violators, this measure ensure drastic reduction of traffic violations, better implementation of alternative day even no, odd no vehicle system.
MEASURES TO REDUCE POLLUTION BY CONTAINING FUEL ADULTERATION
It is a fact that adulterated fuels causes lot of pollution emissions, which is an organised crime, which should be contained in order to improve the air quality.
32) It is necessary that all the vehicles carrying the fuel from the oil manufacturers refineries to retail fuel stations must be fully GPS monitored, with electronic lock system, in addition fitted with multiple CC cameras at the rear area and front area of vehicle to record and provide real time movement of length and breadth of the vehicle, even under the vehicle near the fuel inlet/outlet pipes, with live & also recorded videos of the CC cameras of the vehicles with several Tera bytes Hard disk records. This measure contain to a great extent fuel pilferage, adulteration enroute, which is otherwise, an organised mafia involving thousands of cores of rupees.
In addition the Electronic lock opening key pass word must be provided on reaching the fuel station after live video chat, GPS confirmation. In addition there should be CC camera recoding of the quantity and quality check before unloading at the fuel station, and after unloading from the underground tank, must stored the recordings for at least 30 days. This measure will certainly reduce furl pilferage, fuel adulteration.
33) All fuel stations must have High resolution CC cameras’ surveillance and real time web live telecast.
34) Also all data of fuel issued with quantities and details of vehicles which used the fuel, should be recorded and submitted online real time to the RTA, for this there should a bar coded reader machine attached to the fuel dispensed machine; and all the vehicles visiting the fuel station for filling the fuel must be provided with (obtain) bar coded slip from the fuel station office to get the fuel dispensed, on entering the vehicle registration number, quantity of fuel in rupees or litres should be mentioned along with total kilometres done. This measure ensures that total quantity of fuel sold and the fuel at the underground fuel tank at fuel station matches every time.
In addition to this all fuel stations must get equipped with electronic automated tank gauging system to quantify exact quantities of fuel, also since the High resolution CC cameras are fitted the chances of adulteration will get reduced; to further ensuring quality fuel delivered, every day before the first sale the fuel stations must conduct in camera quality tests, quantity tests which are placed on the website. These measures reduce fuel adulteration at fuel stations to great extent.
35) It should be mandatory that all fuel stations must deliver fuel to commercial vehicles through bank transaction only either through bank card or through special money passes (like food passes). In future all the fuel purchases for any vehicles commercial or personal must be through bank transaction only. This measure ensures all sale of fuel is genuine and chances of fuel adulteration get marginalised.
36) Complete ban of sale of lose oil in the market either petrol, diesel or lubricating engine oils; also complete ban on sale of engine oils to the individuals, only registered vehicle service stations should purchase the same through bank transaction only. Only at fuel stations the engine oils can be permitted to purchase by the vehicle owners/ user in limited quantity in emergencies under information & permission from RTA ;
Also it should be mandatory that at the fuel station or at the service station must conduct the quality tests for Viscosity etc for engine oils/ lubricants in CC Camera before selling/ using it in the vehicle to prevent sale/ use of adulterated engine oils. As it is a fact adulterated engine oils are the biggest cause of the pollution in the vehicles, especially the commercial and heavy vehicles where large quantities of engine oils are used, and cash purchase making them to do all adulteration, as such bank transactions along with seal packs bar-coded, delivered from manufacturer, along with quality tests in camera will certainly reduce the adulteration of engine oils.
37) Mandatory maintenance of inventory of lubricants, engine oils etc from the manufacturer to the distributor to the end user; all the service stations must collect the used lubricants, engine oil etc while draining it from the engine during servicing under CC camera and measured and stored for safe disposal, as it is a fact it causes severe pollution to dispose it without treatment as Vehicles contain many different fluids, including motor oil, air-conditioning refrigerants, and brake, transmission, hydraulic and windshield-wiper fluids. Most of the fluids are toxic to humans and animals.
In the absence of this measure most of the adulterated engine oils manufactured by un authorised micro units in the district uses the drained engine oils obtained from vehicle service stations, filter them and pack in sparking packs and sell it again to the small service stations or to the vehicle owners through agents in the market at lower rates, and for getting at cheaper rate, in order to save few monies the vehicle owners are losing a lot, as the adulterated engine oils reduces the vehicles life as it does not have the viscosity for smooth functioning of the engine pistons and other moving parts, also it will not cool the engine as a result more wear and tear of engine, less combustion of fuel, and more emissions, as such it should be mandatory for the service stations to drain the engine oils under CC cameras and quantify the same with safe disposal after treating them.
For better implementation of this measure it should be mandatory that all service centers must provide daily online inventory of the lubricants, fluids, oils purchased, used, collection of used fluids, oils, to the RTA on real time and safe disposal. The RTA must conduct surprise check for the inventory of oils on the registered service centers; this measure ensures that quality oils which are manufactured under government licence are utilised by the service stations. The surprise cheques must be done 2% of the service stations every month on random bases in addition to specific information, also findings in the online monitoring of the activities of the service stations.
ESTABLISHMENT OF AGENCY TO COLLECT THE USED FLUIDS DRAINED FROM THE VEHICLES FROM SERVICE STATIONS FOR SAFE DISPOSAL.
38) Also it should be mandatory to establish an agency to collect the used fuels from the service stations in the lines of collection of bio medical waste of hospitals to ensure safe disposal of these used fluids as vehicle fluids are exposed to heat and oxygen when engine is running, leading to chemical changes, in addition heavy metals from engine wear and tear are also mixed with these fluids, making them even more toxic to the environment. This measure also reduces the adulterated/ duplicate brands of lubricants, engine oils to a gat extent.
MEASURES FOR ENSURING LOW EMISSIONS FROM VEHICLES THROUGH MANDATORY PERIODIC MAINTENANCE
It is a fact that majority of the vehicles running on the roads, lacks periodic maintenance, which is one of the primary reason for more vehicular emissions, as such in order to contain vehicular emissions it should be mandatory that all vehicles undergo periodic maintenance
39) Mandatory for the vehicle owners to get their vehicles serviced for engine oil change, filters change, check for the health of the exhaust silencer system functioning as per the standard requirement of the type, make of vehicle/ as prescribed by the manufacturer, and mandatorily inform the RTA authorities;
40) Also RTA should maintain a separate history sheet for all the registered vehicles, which include the periodic servicing from authorised service centers, the repairs and maintenance done, the actual kilometres done periodically, any traffic violation challans/ fine bills, accidents etc
41) Also it should be mandatory that all the vehicle service centers must get registered with government, s it is a fact that there are numerous service centers operating without any formal training for the mechanics/ technicians, also without authorisation from the manufacturers of vehicles, are performing servicing, repair with sun standard lubricants and sub standard spare parts, thus causing severe pollution from such vehicles after short period of service/ repair, as such by making it mandatory registration, it will ensure that all service stations maintain the quality standards and quality serving and repaired is assured by and large.
Also it should be made mandatory on the service stations to inform the government online real time about the vehicles when arrive for service, and again inform the government RTA after completion of service, maintenance, repair and provide a digital certification that the vehicle is fully healthy with permissible emission limits; only trained persons, approved by vehicle manufacturers should be allowed as authorised service centers by the government (all existing mechanics, technicians in un authorised service stations must be provided skill up gradation and use their services) .
Also all vehicle service centers must be under CC cameras to record the servicing activities on real time live to the RTA, also the vehicle owners/ representatives should access the real time live video when their vehicle is undergoing service, repair to ensure that service centers follow standards, ethical practices. This measure will certainly fix the responsibility of the service stations; also all the service stations must purchase the oils, spares from the authorised spare part, engine oil manufacturers so that quality periodic service is assured, which leads to reduction in emissions.
42) Also it should be mandatory that all vehicles must get service done with registered service centers only
43) Also it should be mandatory that all the payments to the vehicle service centers must be through bank transaction only, either through bank card, online, cheque (even if drivers, other than vehicle owners go to pick up the vehicle after service done, they can pay online, through crossed cheque sent through the person who picks up the vehicle).
It should be a criminal offence to accept cash transactions, also a criminal office to pay by cash for vehicle service expenditure bills. Government RTA must create a mobile APP for the vehicle owners, service centers, pollution certification centers to provide information on real time about the service done, issue of pollution certification, payment details, due date, kilometres done at the time of service etc.
44) The RTA should provide a unique number for every periodic service of the vehicle with a certificate/ pass (which can be downloading and printed from the RTA website by the vehicle owners) that is valid to run the vehicle from so and so kilometres till the next service due.
45) It should be mandatory on the part of the vehicle owners to carry all the documents along with them; alternatively all the vehicle owners can store the vehicle data in the web space of the road transport department; and the traffic police can get details from the RTA website.
MANDATORY ONLINE SUBMISSION OF VEHICLE FITNESS BY ALL VEHICLE USERS TO REDUCE EMISSIONS
46) Also government must make it mandatory that the vehicle owners or the drivers must mandatorily check for the fitness of the vehicle every day before it is taken out, like tyre pressure, engine oils, coolant and the fuel, must sent an SMS / to the mobile APP of the RTA that he/ she verified the primary fitness of the vehicle and all are in order to move the vehicle.
As it is fact that proper tyre pressure as prescribed per that vehicle if maintained may reduce fuel consumption of vehicle by 10%; as such in case of vehicles tyre pressure is low they should mention that tyre pressure is low for more than one tyre (after replacing the single Stepney tyre), also in case the fuel is low etc they should mention and should take the vehicle to the nearest fuel station for filling; similarly for the battery, also the lubricants /engine oil.
All this is necessary to ensure safety of the vehicle and also in the safety of other persons in the traffic, to prevent the vehicle from possible break down in the middle of the road on busy traffic, causing heavy traffic jams, leading to excessive emission of pollution, all because of callousness of the driver/ owner of the vehicle failure to check the basic
HEAVY FINE IN CASE THE VEHICLE BREAK DOWN SUDDENLY ON THE MIDDLE OF ROAD IN THE TRAFFIC DUE TO LOW FUEL, OR DUE TO TYRE DEFLATION, ENGINE OVER HEATING DUE TO LEAKAGE OF / THICKENING OF LUBRICANTS ETC
47) Also if any vehicle stops / break downs due to tyre deflation/ empty of the fuel tank then the vehicle should be levied heavy fine for violation of primary traffic rule causing traffic jams/ slow down of traffic which leads to heavy emissions in that territory; in case it is due to empty fuel tank, the vehicles must inform the police immediately through toll free number/ Mobile APP, that in so and so area their vehicle got break down due to empty fuel and they require fuel, or if it is due to tyre burst, need replacement with Stepney, else need to get the tyre to get fill the patch etc, in all such cases driver who needs fuel in lose, can be obtained by providing the traffic police special code after informing the need, which should be automatically informed to the RTA and all fuel stations, and the driver or any person can get lose fuel by submitting the code along with the driving licence number, vehicle registration number and copy, along with the onetime code sent to the mobile of the vehicle owner/ driver; maximum amount of fuel obtained from fuel stations in all such cases is in limited quantity of maximum of 5 litters to just start the vehicle and reach to the nearest fuel station.
In case of tyre deflation and no Stepney tyre or the Stepney tyre too get deflated or in non working condition or no tyre replacement equipment (Jacky) then then the vehicle should get heavy penalty for non checking of the vehicle; also heavy fine for non maintenance of Stepney tyre in working condition, also heavy fine for not taking tool kits as standard equipment to replace the deflated tyre.
MANDATORY TRAINING/ EDUCATION OF DRIVERS REGARDING OPTIMAL SPEEDS TO CHANGE GEARS, OPTIMAL USE OF CLUTCH AND MAINTAINING IDEAL RPM FOR ENSURING LOW EMISSIONS
48) Also government must educate all the drivers regarding the driving skills not only on safe driving, but also on how to drive the vehicle to achieve maximum mileage per litre of fuel; it is a fact most of the drivers are un professional trained, lacks driving skills & efficient ways of driving (irrespective of education qualifications of the person who learned driving), they do not aware of the real efficient, effortless driving skills, most of them do excess use of clutch then the required in all manual transmission vehicles which is leading to on an average 30 % more fuel consumption than the normal in addition to quicker wear and tear of clutch plate and other parts of the engine causing more emissions.
Also due to frequent change gars more fuel is consumed, most of the drivers do not follow the need for changing gears at the optimum speed, resulting in excessive fuel consumption, so drivers must be educated, made to practice gears shifts at optimal speeds.
Also required is to thought about and make them practice to drive vehicles maintaining the optimum RPM of the vehicle to achieve more fuel efficiency.
MANDATORY DIGITAL ONLINE LOG BOOK WITH RTA BY EVERY VEHICLE USER FOR MULTIPLE BENEFITS
49) Also it should be mandatory that every vehicle must maintain digital online log book through mobile APP of the RTA or through SMS the daily beginning and ending kilometres, the fuel filled details (which should tally fuel purchased in fuel stations, in case if any lose fuel poured in or in case any loss of fuel due to leakage etc also should be mentioned in the log book), the starting time, the ending time of the vehicle also should be entered in the log book; Failure to maintain the online real time digital log book by the vehicle owners should be penalised.
Also it should be mandatory that for all vehicles must inform the total kilometres reading done till that time at the fuel stations to obtain the bar coded fuel purchase slip to obtain the fuel every time when they visit fuel station for filling the fuel. This measure will certainly lead to maintenance of vehicle/ improve driving skills, and also there will not be any pilferage of fuel and selling in gray market for less cost.
In case, the system finds that the vehicle mileage in the trip is below average mileage, them the vehicle should be advised to mandatorily go for service centre to check for the reason, in case everything is normal, then they will do drivers counselling and re tested for their driving skills,. This measure will certainly improve efficiency, mileage and reduce emission due to less fuel burning.
DIGITAL ONLINE REAL TIME POLLUTION UNDER CONTROL CERTIFICATION TO ENSURE VEHICLES ARE MAINTAINED PROPERLY
50) It is a fact that the pollution certification are done mostly for the sake of sticker as an ornament to show to the RTA/ Police that there is pollution certified when actually they emit enormous amounts of pollution as there is no stringent norms for issue of pollution certification and no digitalised information about the pollution levels the vehicles emitting. As such it should be mandatory that all the vehicles must undergo pollution under control certification periodically under totally automated digitalised data of emissions ensuring no scope for doctoring the emissions; the pollution certification must be done at mid of the total Km of service period, i.e. in case service done at 10000 km, and the next service required at 20000 Km, the pollution check must be done at 15000 Km, and the pollution under control certification results should be updated automatically as per the vehicle registration online real time with commuter& internet based system at the RTA.
RTA should provide unique number for periodic pollution certification for each time performing the test. While conducting the inspections by RTA or traffic police just by providing the number the authorities find out the details of emissions, validity; also the vehicles owners must submit details of pollution under certification to the RWA and Taxi stand associations. In case fail to submit the PUC certification, the RWA, commercial passer vehicles associations must not allow such vehicles to park in their parking places.
51) As far as the non state vehicles (both commercial passenger, goods, and also personal vehicles) entering state should get pollution under control certification at the outskirts in the border in the home territory or from which state the vehicle entering other state, in case the pollution is above the limits, the vehicle should not be permitted to enter the state, all the pollution tests must be under CC camera live so that no kind of corruption occurs. As it is a fact that most the non state vehicles especially heavy vehicles are emitting excess pollution. To make more effective of this measure centralised data of vehicles registration of all states, with details of emissions, also issue of fuel through automated system using electronic smart card and driving licences, to compel the vehicles to periodically undergo the vehicle pollution certification as suggested in my Doc Simple and Effective Reforms for controlling corruption, 2011, under Transport sector reforms (Central petro fuels network authority).
52) Also it should be mandatory that government must conduct surprise pollution checks in camera very day to cover 0.05 % of the vehicles every day in multiple locations with mobile units / fixed units in fixed locations covering at least 10% of total vehicle pollution got surprise check for identifying the practice of maintaining the vehicles for within permissible pollution emission.
BANNING MANUFACTURING, IMPORT OF SPARE PARTS WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE MANUFACTURERS OF VEHICLES TO CONTAIN SUB STANDARD SPARE PARTS USAGE DURING REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE TO CONTAIN VEHICLE POLLUTION
53) It is a fact that the major cause of pollution from vehicles is the use of sub standard spare parts of vehicles, it is a fact the there are contrabands; duplicate spare parts for vehicles are manufactured, selling without any control. Since the standards are not maintained while manufacturing the parts, these spares are without the quality of material or standard process of manufacture, as such spares even though getting fit in the engines, vehicle assembly, but are subjected to severe wear and tear as a result the vehicles mileage is getting reduced and more emissions are happing, also the life span of the vehicle engine is declining drastically. As such government must ban manufacture, distribute, sale, use, purchase spare parts from the market, it should be a non bail able criminal offence.
Complete ban on purchasing spare parts by the individual vehicle owners, only the service centers must purchase, also all spares replacement must be done mandatorily through service centers only; it should be mandatory that all service centers must share real time inventory of the spare parts issue online with RTA’s of all states and the manufacturers association. These measures will reduce the vehicle pollution to a great extent.
BAN ON RE-BORING OF ENGINES OR FITTING SECOND HAND ENGINES
Also it is fact that most of the service centers indulge in re-boring of the engine in case engine is seized due to lack of lubrication or for any other reason. It is fact that re-boring will not be the same as company manufactured engine displacement. As a result they emit excess exhaust emissions over a period of time.
54) Banning re-boring of engines and in case the vehicle reaches the stage of re-boring then the vehicles should be scrapped, also levy of heavy fine for getting the vehicle to reach the re boring state before the life time of the vehicle due to poor maintenance due to callousness/ criminal negligence; This measure will certainly ensure all the vehicles are maintained regularly.
Also it should be criminal offence to make re boring by any service centers or replace new or second hand engines for all re bored stage vehicles.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RESIDENT WELFARE ASSOCIATIONS, APARTMENTS/ GATED COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS, THE COMMERCIAL PASSENGER, GOODS TRANSPORT ASSOCIATIONS
55) Also it should be mandatory that all the RWA must get registered with Government, also all the RWA must maintain the Vehicle population details in their respective RWA members n a standard format, the details of place of work, the details of educational institutions in case children going for study and the frequency of use of the vehicle. And submit the same to the RTA of government for preparing the vehicle census.
Also it should be mandatory that vehicle owners to submit the periodic maintenance unique number, also PUC unique number to the association of apartments, gated communities / RWA / Societies; in case they fail to submit, it should be the responsibility of the RWA security not to allow the vehicles to park inside the RAW/ Apartment parking, should inform the RTA about the same in case the vehicle did not get serviced and running on the streets. In case in the surprise checks the vehicles belonging the a particular RWA is running without periodic service, without notice from the RWA information to the vehicle owner, as well as RTA then the RWA should be penalised along with the vehicle owner for wilful negligence on the part of the RWA.
56) Also it should mandatory that all private commercial passenger transport associations must get registered as per the territory wise, stand wise; also must maintain the details of the Vehicle in their stand with vehicle registration numbers and the driving license numbers of the drivers, their contact address, contact phone numbers etc in their stand and and inform the RTA.
The Commercial passenger vehicles association must get check periodic vehicle maintenance records of the vehicles of their members i.e. the service centre certification, pollution check certification, in case the private commercial transport vehicle emits the pollution on surprise check, then the association of parking stand of the private commercial vehicles in that locality should be levied fine in addition to the fine of the individual violation. This measure ensures all the autos, cars, vans/ buses/ Lorries get regular maintenance & ensure regular pollution checks.
57) Also all the vehicles owned by the companies, firms, business establishments whether passenger transport of their employees, commercial goods transport must register with RTA separately each territory wise, in the name of business association of that territory and they should mandatorily get their vehicles service done, pollution check done and submit the same to RTA, otherwise running those vehicles without servicing periodically should attract heavy penalty to the individual vehicle owner as well as business association of that territory.
58) Also mandatory creation of entry/ exit barriers for the place of habitations which do not have RWA, like slums, or other habitations, ensure the government take door to door vehicle census, along with voluntary groups, local political leaders act as vigilant-arians and also to create a RWA by the government for implementation of all other activities as normal RWA conduct.
MANDATORY CREATION OF COMMUNITY POLICING WARD WISE, RWA WISE, and MANDATORY FOR YOUTH AGED BETWEEN 21 TO 40 SHOULD BE PART OF IT
59) Also it should be mandatory hence forth that government create a community police units in ever ward, also in every RWA. Also it should be mandatory that all youth aged between 21 years and 40 years to be part of community police of that territory of living; the community police duty will be for 1/12 of the total strength of the members of community police of that territory every month by lottory system, all the community police will be trained in basic course of identifying criminals, criminal activities in their territory. Also government must ensure like ASHES in health ministry the Community police should work in the wards/ Colonies on honorary pay, who are recruited from among the un employed youth and provided basic training on surveillance, information gathering, who will work in coordination with the local police and the local residents, act as information gathering agents in that territory for better security and intelligence.
ONLINE REAL TIME TRACKING COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES USED BY WOMEN PASSENGERS, THE ENTIRE TRIP TILL THEY REACH THE DESTINATION
60) Since the safety of women passengers is still a big concern for many, and the biggest apprehension for many in the event of alternative even no, odd no system, it is very necessary that there should be a system that whenever women uses a private commercial passenger vehicles (taxi, auto), the entire movement must be tracked; as suggested in this document that it should be mandatory hence forth that all private commercial passenger vehicles should be equipped with GPS and booking online through online mobile APP or through call centre and ban on hiring on road side, pick up by road side. (only non motored vehicles like bicycle rickshaws can be permitted to operate within the colonies, RWA in the internal roads, can be hired by road side); in order to provide more confidence to women passengers hiring motored commercial passenger vehicles, government must ensure that their trip from the beginning to end point will be closely monitored, tracked remotely in the GPS entire route.
For tracking women passengers the role of community police is must, as government police along cannot do tracking Lakhs of women every single day.; for this purpose of tracking government must create a separate establishment centrally with special software to provide GPS mapping of all women passengers using the Commercial Passenger vehicles, the software segregates starting point wise, destination wise; all the Community police teams at in the GPS route map should get real time vehicle movement of the commercial passenger vehicle used by the women passenger, and it is the duty of community police to track the movement of the vehicles in their territory, (more or less like air planes tracking for crossing the air space by the riders), since the vehicles are divided as per ward wise/ RWA wise, the number vehicles of tracking will be in hundreds, in case they found the vehicle is not moving or the vehicle is deviated from the given/predetermined path then they should immediately alert the special establishment police, to contact the women passenger as well as driver with voice recoding the reason for stoppage of vehicle or deviation of vehicle route, in case found safe they will tracking as normal case; In case no communication from both driver and women passenger within immediately alert the community police/ patrol police to trace the vehicle in all surrounding RWA/ wards where they last spotted without movement or lost GPS contact or lost phone contact; all this should happen within two to three minutes so that no were the vehicle can hide in the event of wrong motives of the driver, and the within two to three minutes vehicles may not move more than 10 km radius in cities with moderate to heavy traffic density.
Also it should be mandatory that all APP based Commercial passenger vehicles (Taxies/ autos) must strictly adhere to the route GPS route map all the times while reaching from point A to point B, more specifically when women passengers are commuting. And it should be criminal offence to deviate the GPS route Map.
In this system all calls should be routed to the government so that neither driver of the cab, nor the RWA community police has either the name of phone number of the women passenger, they has to communicate through call centre and only identifying through booking number, so there will not be any privacy breach issue.
Also in order to ensure further more security it should be mandatory that all women passengers must provide at least three/Five immediate contact persons list (Parents, siblings, husband, friends, and children) while registering with the commercial passenger vehicles GPS APP, so that all three contacts will get the tracking of the trip, in addition reaching of the destination.
Also it should be mandatory for all APP based GPS commercial passenger vehicles registration to provide the voter ID card number, pass port or driving licence or ID card or Pan card so that in the event of any need arise, they can retrieve the photo of the passenger, especially women passengers, in addition getting details immediately from the three contacts provided by the women passenger while registering with the APP.
61) Also for further safety of passengers, especially women passengers, it should be made mandatory that all smart phones used by the Commercial passenger vehicles should be instilled by default the spy software which will be activated by the permission of highest authority in the police in the event of the GPS enabled smart phone of the driver and the women passenger are not responding, to track the location, and remotely on the smart phone micro phones, in order to identify, trace the vehicle, driver, women passenger, also in extreme cases to immediately obtain his previous call list, text massages list, photographs taken, stored, last web surfing data to access to his behaviour, to access his friends to know about his possible immediate location. This extreme measure activated only after the Ward/RWA community police, police patrol vehicles in the missing tracking location fail to trace the vehicle in their location within a span of 30 minutes. This will certainly be a big confidence booster for women passengers, also it will ensure that all drivers ferrying women passengers are fully alert, exhibit ethical behaviour ensure women passenger reaches destination safely.
Also in case any passengers, especially the women passengers complains about the abnormal behaviour of the driver or if they notice that driver is drunken or smoking then the community police of the ward/ RWA in the near location must stop the vehicle and conduct the breath analyser test for confirmation or confronting the driver and in case the driver found guilty then the driver should be handed over to police for arrest, and the women passenger must be get dropped safely to her destination.
SOLAR POWERED STREET LIGHTS ON EVERY ROAD IN THE CITY; ALL ROADS SHOULD HAVE FENCING, ALL ROADS UNDER CC CAMERA SURVEILLANCE
62) Also it should be the duty of the Govt to make all city roads including sub lanes are lighted with solar street lights automated system (to monitor the function of street lights remotely) so there there will not be any dark areas, also continues monitoring of streets with High resolution CC cameras, and a 24/7 team watch ward wise to replace the non working street lights. Also all the roads, especially where there is no habitations/ isolated locations must have full fledge fencing to ensure no one can go out of road, also all roads, especially the isolated areas must be under 24/7 CC camera surveillance These measures are necessary to marginalize the crimes, and to boost the confidence in the women to travel after sun set. Also it is ideal that government must make street lights under PPP operation on BOO or BOOT bases so that there will be up time of 99.9% and also initial investment for government is just providing land and installation maintenance is private, while monitoring the function can be jointly done by the government and private. The CC camera surveillance of all streets must be under government only for ensuring privacy of residents.
INCENTIVES FOR VOLUNTARY INITIATIVES TO REDUCE POLLUTION
63) Also government must provide certain tax incentives or onetime payment per year for all establishments for providing support like bus/ metro services for the employees/ students
64) Also government must provide incentives for all those who shift their residences from far way to less than 5 Km radius of the office establishments, educational institutions to cover part of their shifting expenditure. Else government must provide free transportation for house shifting goods carrying from far way home in the city to less than 5 Km from their work place or their children educational institute.
65) Also government must make it mandatory that the life span of the vehicle should be fixed at 10 years, as every year new technologies in safety, fuel efficiency, less emissions are getting into market, it is literally criminal on the part of individuals, government to allow the age old vehicles causing huge loss to not only to the environment but also to the individual vehicle owner; government make sure hence forth all the vehicles must get scraped after completion of 10 years of manufacture, and government must provide tax concession for all people for purchasing new vehicles after scrapping the old vehicle which completed 10 years. This measure should start first from the government vehicles, Road transport corporation vehicles; also for the existing vehicles who paid life tax for 15 years government must compensate with refunding 1/3 of amount collected as life tax
Since this measure will ensure more sales of new vehicles government must get part of the compensation of as discount from the vehicle manufacturer’s association for purchase of new vehicles by scrapping old vehicles. This measure will certainly generate lot of employment in the manufacture.
66) Also government must provide incentives for car using car pooling/ two wheeler pooling by the same locality persons for using the two wheelers, provided such vehicles are GPS enable and the RWA / society association certifies that the persons using the car pool/ two wheeler pool one vehicle is residing at home; this vehicle pooling will be applicable only to employees working residing in the same RWA/ society/ enroute to the place of work.
PENALTIES FOR EMISSION VIOLATION
67) The penalties for violation by personal passenger vehicles for non periodic maintenance should be 3 times the maintenance cost for first violation, 6 times maintenance for the second violation and imprisonment for third consecutive violation. For commercial passenger vehicles 5 times the maintenance cost for first violation, second violation 10 times the maintenance cost, third violation should lead to imprisonment for the owner of the vehicle and for both passenger and goods vehicles of the corporate, business establishments first violation should 5 times, second violation 10 times third violation imprisonment for the authorised person of that company. For every violation the challan should be E challan with record in the RTA website so that same vehicle will not be subjected to inspection several times in multiple locations, also once the E challan for non compliance of periodic service or for emitting excess pollution then there should be 15 days grace period time to get rectified through servicing the vehicle before issuing the second violation challan. And 10 days grace period before issue of third violation/ imprisonment with impounding the vehicle. The above measure ensures periodic service by and large, which will certainly reduce the emissions.
PENALTY FOR PURCHASING SECOND VEHICLE
68) Also it should be mandatory that government impose heavy penalty on the purchase of second vehicle or possessing second vehicle, especially in the event of alternative day even no odd no system there is every possibility rise of purchase of vehicles who already owned a vehicle to have second, third vehicles, mostly B segment, C segment vehicles, also some D segment vehicles below 15 Lakhs; as such government must impose a special tax of 30% of the total vehicle cost of the vehicle of Rs one lakh whichever is higher should be the as registration cost of second car in the family; which include spouse (husband/ wife), un employed children, aged parents in case of joint family, then they should be barred from having second vehicle, only employed child can buy the second vehicle in the family; also heavy fine for purchasing vehicle in others name and using the vehicle on all days (in case their first vehicle is even number, they can manage to buy the odd number vehicle).
Also it should be mandatory for the vehicle owners to inform the RTA in case they provide the vehicles to their family members or friends to drive, their relation, the vehicles can be allowed to driven by immediate family members/ family members in case they are living in the same house as in the address of the vehicle registration, there should be complete ban on giving vehicles to colleagues/ friends or family members residing outside the address of vehicle registration.
Also information about the drivers and all the drivers must be registered with government, to ensure drivers are trained, police verified for antecedents, also all payments to drivers through bank payment for uniform pay and uniform working hours; also
Also hence forth all the vehicle registrations should be done on the open lottery system every day among the application for registration after the car was purchased; also it should be mandatory that certification from the RWA that the persons family living in the address given as per the Voter ID card or pass port do not have first car to register a new car; also government put a moratorium/ban on sale of second hand vehicles for a period of one year, especially non state registrations in the event of implementation of alternative day restrictions; also criminal offence to purchase a vehicle in the name of maid servants/ employees and use it by the owners; also it should be a criminal offence to lease a second vehicle and use it by lesser; it is the responsibility of the RWA to inform the RTA about the car population and family tree of the persons residing in each house and use of second vehicle by the family members. This measure will certainly ensure up holding the spirit of alternative day even no odd no vehicles.
STRINGENT NORMS FOR PROVIDING DRIVING LICENCE FOR NEW LICENCES, ALL EXISTING DRIVING LICENCES MUST UNDER GO IN CAMERA TEST AND MUST GET EDUCATED OR QUALITY DRIVING TO REDUCE EMISSIONS
69) Also since driving habits are directly has as affect not only on the safety of the driver& people on the road, it also has a direct effect on the emissions from the vehicle. It is a fact that over 90% of the drivers in INDIA are un professional trained drivers (not trained in the professional driving schools with professional guidance), even the remaining 10% who trained under driving schools they do practice test of maximum of 10 hours driving, which is insufficient to understand the required professional skills, as such they are not aware of efficient professional driving skills, habits, as a result more emission. It is a fact that most of the people believe just like that by managing the local RTA agents one can get driving licence in INDIA, since India having young population of over 65% of total population, it is necessary that driving licence issue norms must be made stringent.
It should be made mandatory that all future driving licences must be issues only after attending professional training under the guidance of trained driving schools, with computer simulators, with at least 50 hours of computer simulator and 50 hours of practical driving classes on the road (total 100 hours), it is ideal that all driving licences testes should be under CC camera and made public for scrutiny after qualifying and issuing in the driving licences.
Also necessary is existing driving licences must be retested for their professional driving skills on computer simulators and every one must undergo theory and practical classes within a fixed time frame of one year. This measure will certainly reduce the emissions to a great extent due to adopting efficient way of driving.
MEASURE TO PROTECT CITIZENS FROM EXPLOITATION BY THE COMMERCIAL PRIVATE PASSENGER VEHICLES.
70) Also it should be made mandatory that all the commercial passenger transport payments must be through separate APP based mobile cash, online transaction or unified / single pre paid card smart card that can be purchased from any out lets for payment (used for bus, metro), this measure ensures that private public commercial vehicles do not over- charge, exploit the people in peak hours; the system should be similar to APP based taxies such as like UBER, OLA etc but operated by the government.
In this the details including the name of the passenger must not be visible to the taxi/ auto operator except to accept the booking on the request of the passenger, the taxi/ auto cannot deny in case booked online, and this measure protects the privacy for the users, it also reduces excess charging/overcharging by the operators. It is also provides by and large safety and security for the passengers especially the female passengers, elderly people. This measure should be made mandatory even to the APP based private taxi like UBER, OLA etc so that privacy of the passengers will be maintained, only based on the unique ID registration number they should do conversation if needed.
Also there should be call centre to be called by the people who do not own a smart phone to call the call centre for hiring an auto/ taxi in the vicinity, without the official booking the auto/ taxi for commercial purpose cannot run on the roads.
FIXING THE CHARGES FOR COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES CABS/AUTOS DURING PEAK HOURS LIMITING TO 1.2 TIMES MAXIMUM OR 20% EXTRA ON NORMAL CHARGES
71) Also government must fix a cap on the maximum limit charges for the APP based taxi of 20% extra i.e. 1.2% times normal charges during the traffic period or so called peak hours; it is an open secret that the APP Based Taxies are latterly squeezing people by exorbitantly charging during peak hours with 4 times 5 times the normal chares, when the normal chares for any fixed destination itself are twice the auto charges (which is otherwise a criminal act on the part of the governments to allow the APP based taxi operators to loot the public openly; All such activities of private APP based cabs can be eliminated
As such in order to save people from over exploitation, govt. Should ensure that the traffic period cannot be calculated based on the working time of offices/ so called peak hours, but it should be on any time if there is heavy traffic due to any reason and slow movement of vehicles; in all such cases the taxi meter should automatically calculated over and above normal average time of travel i.e. average time of travel from point A to point B with average speed including the time of waiting at all signals enroot, for every extra 5 minutes 5% more charge, with a maximum of 20% extra charge even if the time for completion of journey from end point to end point crossed beyond 20 minutes extra than the normal time ex even in case time for completion of journey exceeds 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes, still maximum charge is 1.2 times normal charge). Also in order to avoid traffic, government must monitor the traffic through CC CAMERA surveillance and direct the vehicles to take the suggested route, and government must have the key to alter the route for all commercial vehicles in case of traffic from point A to Point B in alternative route, and it should be mandatory on the part of the APP based commercial passenger vehicles to strictly follow the GPS map all the time. This measure is very necessary (especially in the alternative day even no odd no implementation to protect the common people from exploitation.
VEHICLE POOLING (CAR & TWO WHEELER) THROUGH RWA, SOCIETIES THROUGH GOVERNMENT
It is a fact that the density of population of vehicles on the roads is swelling day by day due the fact that there is lack of vehicle pooling systems, it is a fact that many people living in same RWA or even in same apartment, even working in same locality, same office, enroute office use individual vehicle to reach to the office, at the same time and return home same time,; strongly if they are under car pool, five people can travel in a single car, thus saving fuel for four cars, thus saving emissions from four cars, in addition also saving emissions from several hundreds of other cars/ vehicles on the road, as in case if the other four are also take the vehicles then the four cars occupy certain amount space, leading to traffic congestions to certain extent, leading to slow down of vehicles leading to more emissions. So by car pooling lot of emissions can be reduced, in addition to savings of fuel for the individuals, as such government must encourage car pooling through some additional incentives for helping in reducing emissions.
72) For ensuring perfect pooling Vehicle pooling clubs must created as per RWA/ Society wise/ area wise. For this the RWA must get the data of the population of the vehicles, and the place of work, timings of the work/ working hours, of each vehicle owner, with details of persons who opt for a car/bike pool; and RWA must first convince a meeting with all the people who are having same work place, enroute work place, else RWA can share details with each other if the individuals wish to ensure at least some people in the RWA get vehicle pooling to reduce emissions.
73) Also government must create a software to display the people who wish to opt for car/bike pooling expressed in writing to RWA / society Associations, but did not find the vehicle pooling to their place of work., if some others who are staying in nearby/ passing enroute who wish to add for vehicle pooling can certainly find other people in that territory with similar requirements to get vehicle pooling. Since the antecedents of the vehicle owners are known to RWA/ Society’s by and large there should not be any safety/ security issue.
Before going to vehicle pooling both the parties must submit a written affidavit to the RTA & POLICE that they do not intended/indulge in gay/ lesbian/straight sex, do not smoke, do not consume alcohol before driving or while driving the vehicle; also do not indulge in illegal/ unlawful activities, force/lure, carpool mate into acts of prostitution/ gigolo, also do not make the car pool mates to invest in business or do not have/ make any financial transactions other than car pool amount, also do not indulge in the acts of adultery with the family members of the car pool mates; also all the car pool mates and owner of the vehicle maintain online log book for trip sheet of Km travelled in the car pooling every day for pick up and drop (in case one person having even no other having odd number it will be perfect combination), and share the expenditure accordingly and the liability of the car pooling person (other than owner of the vehicle) is limited to the fuel expenses and additional 10% of the total fuel based on the average mileage of the vehicle in standard conditions based on the years of utilisation (else mileage test should be conducted and made approximate mileage number in the agreement itself) expenses towards maintenance and depreciation of the vehicle.
MANDATORY VEHICLE POOLING FOR THE GOVERNMENT OFFICERS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE AND USING GOVERNMENT VEHICLES FOR PICK UP & DROP FROM HOME TO OFFICE
74) Also it should be mandatory that all government officers who are provided with government vehicles for Pick up, drop and use for office purpose must use the Office Vehicle pooling for going to office from the residence and returning from office to the home, staying in the same locality/ enroute working in the same place of work or within one km radius of work place.
For this government must take the details of all the government employees working at all levels, especially the officers who are eligible, using government vehicle regarding the place of residence, place of work, timings of work etc and ensure to pick up four officers in one car, in a an optimal route plan to optimise the route, also which will not only reduce the fuel expenditure for the ex chequer but also it reduces emissions from four cars; all the officers must make the vehicles allocated to them to be parked in the office only, and on reaching office they can use the office car for office work purpose, similarly while returning home they should be picked up by one vehicle all four people.
In addition for all other government employees who are coming in the same route can pick up other people working in the same office or within 1 Km radius from their offices; this measure saves lot of traffic on the roads, in addition saves lot of emissions.
COMMERCIAL PERMIT FOR NON COMMERCIAL CITIZEN PERSONAL VEHICLES (TWO/FOUR) IN LIMITED WAY, I.E WHEN THEIR EXISTS EMPTY SPACE (ONE PASSENGER IN CASE OF TWO WHEELER, 3 OR 4 PASSENGERS IN CASE OF FOUR WHEELERS) TO ENSURING AVAILABILITY OF MORE NUMBER OF VEHICLES TO THE COMMUTERS, ALSO TO REDUCE LOAD ON THE MULTI MODE MASS TRANSPORT SYSTEM.
75) Also government must create a mobile Mobile APP for providing limited commercial permit for personal vehicles (LCPPV) similar to APP based cabs like OLA/ UBER/ TAXI FOR SURE Etc with details starting from to reaching destination on the GPS map of LCPPV users, so that any person enroute who wish to go in the same direction in between the destination points must request the LCPPV in the APP with their starting point and end point, the APP connect to first person or by random and in case the person who is owning the vehicle agrees to pick up they can be connected via call centre, even there is no need for exchange of phone numbers, or names as all calls, bookings made on the unique ID for both carpooling vehicle owner and person seeking lift who was registered with the carpooling APP providing their antecedents certified by local police. This is either for free ride or for a nominal pay fixed as per the choice of the carpooling person, but maximum cost should not be more than average of all APP based radio taxies, and the charges decided by the carpool vehicle provider must be prior informed to the APP operators through the APP for informing the vehicle lift seeker; all the payments in this system should be through online through APP so that there will not be any transaction between the persons, the ride will be authenticated only when there is sufficient money in the APP valet.
This measure will not only provide some monitory benefit for vehicle owners especially for the two wheelers, also to some four wheelers (who own a vehicle mostly on finance, since they themselves being a single person taking vehicle they feel financial burden for the fuel charge and maintenance charge, for such people it is real boon, as it is a fact that most of the BPL, LOW, MIDDLE INCOME group people purchase vehicles (two/four) through bank loan, especially the employees not only for convenience but also to command social respect, even though for some it will be a quite burden sum for them, for all such people this measure will relive their financial burden to a considerable extent; also it reduces traffic, congestions, it reduces pollution emissions, it reduces density in the public mass transport.
Also this measure ensure more supply of vehicles into the system at affordable cost of travel available to common people (especially in the event of alternate day even odd number vehicles); it reduces the monopoly of private APP based cabs, due to availability of more vehicles
In order to ensure the investments made by many un employed taking bank loans for running cabs for the APP based taxi services, also to ensure the safety of the vehicle owners of car pool providers, (being not the professional drives, in addition already get fatigue due to 8 hours of duty at the work place), the vehicle pooling cars, two wheelers must be limited within the fixed route of from office to home or from home to office; also in case of a four wheeler in case one person books the vehicle the normal charges be applicable, in case two or four persons like to book then the normal cost can be divided among the number of passengers, government must provide incentives for discount in fuel for accepting more people in the car limiting to seating capacity of the vehicle. This measure will really work out for employees to prefer this instated of bus/ auto/ APP based taxi if they are travelling in the same route; however on public holidays there are no such restrictions and from these kind of car pool vehicles can take any distance within the city limits.
GOVERNMENT MONITORED APP BASED COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS FOR BOTH COMMERCIAL AND NON COMMERCIAL VEHICLES WHICH RETURN EMPTY/ AFTER THEIR DAY ENDS; FIXED NUMBER OF DRIVING OF VEHICLES FOR ALL COMMERCIAL PASSENGER OR DRIVER DRIVEN NON COMMERCIAL PRIVATE VEHICLES
76) Also government must create a separate APP for the empty three wheeler autos, empty taxies, it should be mandatory that all the commercial cabs, autos after the completion of 8 hours of drive per day, must get relieved from the driving, either they may be relived with some other drivers at a fixed point in case of vehicles are owned by the companies or even if the owners of the vehicles intended to earn more from more hours of driving through giving it to others, there should be fixed points of locations in every ward from where there should be change of drivers should take place, intimating the RTA the same that the change of driver taken place;
Also in case the driver wishes to close the vehicle after completion of the 8 hours duty and wish to return home, return to the point of parking the vehicle then from the time & place of closing to the place of home, resting of the vehicle point should be considered as empty trip, and all empty trips should be charged with 50% of the total cost, also it should be mandatory that all the commercial vehicles must carry passengers enroute, as it is a fact that most of the cab drivers, most of the auto drivers while closing for the day go long distances to reach their homes, their owners place, they go empty, but do not stop to take passengers, it is really pathetic that most of the BPL, LOW, MIDDLE income people has to plead for hundreds of autos with waving hand can chanting auto auto, taxi taxi to hire a vehicle to go home. In the event of all taxies, autos are APP based, this measure will certainly provide not only income to the vehicle owners, but also it improves availability of vehicles to the citizens who are going to travel in those particular routes.
77) Also it should be made mandatory that all professional drivers whether APP based radio taxi or any other taxi service drivers or even drivers engaged by the government/private office establishment of private citizens, should not work beyond 8 hours at a stretch with + or – 1 hours extra duty in any given day, this measure is necessary as more than 8 hours duty causes fatigue to the drivers as a result their driving efficiency gets effected, in addition to behavioural changes, the online real time vehicle log book maintained by driver as suggested in this document will provide the information of number of working hours of the driver. It should be criminal offence to make drivers to work beyond 8 hours or even cab owners who do self driving for commercial purposes should not drive beyond 8 hours of logging in for the day of 24 hours count.
Also this should be applied to all private vehicles/ commercial goods vehicles plying on the high ways; all vehicles plying in the high ways, the drivers should not drive at a stretch for more than 3 hours at a stretch, must take 10 minutes rest for every three hours of driving, and if a driver completes 8 hours of driving, he/she should take rest and give the vehicle for driving for spare driver also required is high way hubs every 50 kilometres stretch, to park vehicles and rest rooms, and food courts. (Ref my Doc Simple and effective Reforms 2011 Nov/Dec under heading ‘Transport sector reforms’.) This measure reduces fatigue and reduces accidents to a great extent saving Lakhs of lives.
Also government must create appropriate parking stands in verticals for parking commercial passenger vehicles like taxies, autos in every ward / locality so that the drivers can park their vehicle in that stand and go home by bus/ metro or by sharing with others which also useful for the persons to save empty travel fuel and excess fuel burning.
MANDATORY UNIFIED PAYMENT CARD FOR METRO, BUSES (EVEN FOR COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES LIKE TAXIES/ AUTOS) FOR PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE CASH, INCENTIVES FOR THAT, 30% HIGHER COST FOR CASH PAYMENT TICKETS
78) Also government must in coordination with road transport vehicles, also the railways for metro rail to have a unified pay by card system, any person can purchase the smart card filled with money, and can re fill the same any time from any mobile recharge centers or online banking or in post offices or in banks, and discourage the cash payments for travel in the bus/ metro rail, as in the event of alternate day even no odd no vehicles there will be heavy rush in the metros, buses and it will be difficult for the people to pay exact change, or stand in ques; instead if the buses, metro are fitted with electronic cash acceptance machines before boarding they can just swipe and go inside the bus/ metro. This measure is very helpful to people especially in the rush hours. Also in case mandatory Non cash payments for all commercial passenger vehicles the facility will be a used to pay for the trip other than the APP based wallet.
In order to discourage cash payments, government must charge 30% extra for cash tickets, and normal charges or even 10% less for the cashless card transactions.
79) Also it is ideal to use the office buses, educational institutions buses mandatorily during the ideal time for public transport on commercial bases to reduce the load on the existing system, also to increase the number of buses in the city either through their drivers or forming a consortium/ private operators can hire the buses from designated locations and operate with their qualified tested drivers and place the but in the same place where they picked up the bus in the early morning. Also it should be made mandatory that all buses used by the office establishments or educational institutions must be CNG operated or mini buses of electric battery operated.
80) Since there are lot of buses needed in the event of alternative day even odd no vehicles system, then government alone cannot invest huge sums, as such government must tie with OEM bus manufacturers to operate CNG buses in the cities or invite any private operators operate buses in the city. This measure will certainly reduce the load on the existing buses/ metro system.
81) Also government must operate exclusive buses for women, also government must provide subsidy to run exclusive cabs/ autos run by women for women; also special concessions from government for exclusive car pooling for women operated by women.
VOLUNTARY/ NOMINAL PAY VEHICLE SERVICES DURING MEDICAL EMERGENCIES THROUGH CREATION OF RWA VOLUNTARY GROUPS TO FERRY PEOPLE IN THE RWA/ NEAR BY TERRITORY IN CASE OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR FOR ATTENDING MEDICAL NEEDS
Also it is very ideal to ensure someone is available to pick up people to take to doctor/ hospital at any given time in medical emergencies either free of cost or nominal charges or for a fixed cost. Especially in the event of Alternative day even no odd no system this measure is necessary.
82) To create a voluntary group for medical emergencies in every RWA, the RWA should collect the details from the vehicle owners in that RAW from all the residents of the RWA that whether they are willing to support other residents in case of medical emergencies who don’t own a vehicle or who do not have drivers who do not know self drive, or self drive not possible, or in the event of restriction day for their personal vehicle in the event of alternative day even no odd no system. All the people who are voluntarily willing to help people in emergencies must be kept as a pool number in that RWA medical emergency voluntary group,
Also all the doctors numbers, Hospitals numbers, route maps in the RWA must be made available to all the members of the RWA and RWA should inform to the RTA, govt, that so and so doctors are residing in the RWA and also so and so people are willing to voluntarily respond to the emergency help to take people of the RWA to the hospital in case of emergency; government must provide some incentives for responding to the emergency calls by the common citizens, especially for children, aged people, pregnant women.
Also there should be APP for the medical emergencies voluntary group in every territory wise/ RWA wise so that in case of medical emergencies the voluntary group may respond immediately to carry the patents to the nearest hospitals on the recommendation of the qualified doctors of the RWA after conducting first aid; all the members who are willing to be volunteers for medical emergencies must be given training in the first AID in case of medical emergencies; also in case the doctors are not available in the RWA then the volunteers must go and pick up doctors in case doctors in the nearby by willing to reach to the home or may take the patents to the nearest doctor, and on their recommendation they should take to the nearest hospital. These measures will help people a lot.
OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE EMISSION; ENCOURAGE USING BICYCLES
83) Complete ban on educational institutions staff, students using personal vehicles, this it will reduce maximum traffic congestion, pollution, and all education institutions must maintain own mass transport like buses or hire government TC buses/ private buses.
84) Need for identifying the educational institutions in each territory wise and ensure that particular territory point A to Point B should have variable/ different timings for the educational institutions, commercial establishments, offices so that the rush can be reduced in the public transport system, to reduce traffic density on roads.
85) Also need in the long run is that it should be made mandatory that all the students must ensure that they will not travel beyond certain Km, Distance to educational institutes from home according to age of students; less than 5 km for up to 5th standard, up to 7 km from 6th to 10th, for 10+2/11th& 12th the maximum distance is 10 km for saving time, health, better education and to reduce pollution levels/ carbon emission and many other benefits.
86) Also there should be levy of fixed amount of cess for every every individual who travels more than 15 km by vehicles (using diesel, petrol), less cess for public transport, higher cess for using personal vehicle for reaching to the office/ work place. This measure ensure most of the people stay
87) All the students from 5th standard must get mandatory bicycle riding and government must provide subsidy for bicycle purchase for students and also to all citizens. And it should be mandatory that all the students from 8th standard onwards must use bicycle to attend the educational institute once in a week for 5 Km distance.
88) The subsidy on bicycles for citizens make the citizens purchase the bicycle to use it for short distances within the colony, in the nearby vicinity to purchase groceries, for hair cut etc so that some amount of fuel burning by using vehicle reduced; this measure also reduces the inconvenience due to even no odd no vehicles.
Also tax concessions for bicycle manufacturing, also incentives for employees for using the bicycle.; More tax concessions for manufacturers of electric vehicles; subsidy, zero interest rate for EMI’s for all battery operated electric vehicles for the citizens
89) Also government must construct near all metro stations, bus bays, also in thickly populated habitations/ RWA, the multi storied vertical bicycle parking centers and also government must provide free of cost / at nominal cost per day, (monthly pass/ yearly pass to use government supplied bicycle any were in the city) bicycles for the employers / students to use the bicycle from the metro station / bus stop to the work place. This measure will certainly encourage them to use the bus/ metro and they will use bicycle to reach to metro from their home, park bicycle at metro and take metro to go to work place nearest stop, and take bicycle at metro station free/ hire and go to work place and wile return repeated the same. This measure will not only reduce vehicular pollution but also provides health for users of bicycle in addition to saving fuel costs.
MANDATORY TO REGISTER WITH GOVERNMENT FOR USE OF DIESEL GENERATORS, DIESEL/ PETROL/ KEROSENE OPERATED STATIONARY MACHINES TO REDUCE FUEL ADULTERATION DUE TO LOOSE FUEL SALE
90) Need for mandatory registration for the use of diesel/ kerosene power generators, all motors using diesel other than vehicular movement for commercial or residential use; it should be criminal offence to use the diesel, kerosene, petrol run generators, motors, machines without registering in the government along with details of machine/ make, , capacity of the fuel tank, rate of consumption of fuel as per the manufacturer etc.
It should be mandatory that all such users other than vehicles must maintain online real time inventory with RTA and update the use of fuel (ex. In case diesel generator is used, the time of use, need for use, total hours of use etc) this measure ensures the fuel is used judiciously and only for the purpose intended.
Also to purchase fuel from the fuel stations for this purpose they have to inform RTA for need of the fuel and get instant code and on submitting the code they can purchase fuel from any fuel station in the city/ state. This measure reduces indiscriminate purchase of fuels and selling it in black / loose, also it reduces pilferage, theft by the operators. Without the RTA code, without the registration number of the equipment, the sale of lose fuel will not occur, the fuel stations should be barred from selling lose fuel; also since it should be a criminal offence to hold the fuel un authorised by the users; the RTA should conduct surprise checks the machines, premises of the lose oil users to ensure that they will not purchase, stock the fuel sourced from non fuel stations/ gray market, in case found excess oil than the stock mentioned in the online inventory, or running the machines without informing the RTA then the violation should lead to heavy fine with imprisonment for the owners, this measure reduces to a great extent the sale of adulterated oils, use of adulterated oils, pilferage of oils from the vehicles, diesel generators in the commercial & residential places.
And heavy cess for using the diesel generators in the commercial, residential use for causing emissions; instead encourage them use solar power for common lighting, also either solar power/ wind power, inverters for minimum lighting in the office / commercial establishments.
Also it should be mandatory that RTA conduct surprise checks of 1% of the total population of such generators/ equipment running on diesel/ fuel as surprise check on random bases or on specific complaints. Also there should be a mobile APP for violations found by any citizens; also it should be the responsibility of the RWA, Commercial establishment welfare Associations / neighbours to inform the RTA for violations, and all the user information should be available online to the public.
MEASURES TO ENSURE QUALITY ROADS IN CITIES FOR SMOOTH RIDES WITHOUT TRAFFIC JAMS TO CONTAIN EMISSIONS; MEASURES TO ENSURE SMOOTH FLOW OF TRAFFIC ON THE ROADS WITHOUT TRAFFIC JAMS.
91) It is a fact that due to sub standard rough roads with potholes everywhere, also digging of roads indiscriminately after laying due to poor coordination among various government departments and lack of proper maintenance of roads , especially during the rainy seasons, over flowing drainage / manholes etc all are major causes for excess emissions, pollution in the cities, as it is a fact that due to poor quality of roads leads to slow down of traffic, leading to vehicle movement stand still, leading to excessive emissions, as such there is urgent need for corrective measures to put in place to ensure quality roads available all times to people, especially in cities.
The first step is to ensure quality roads are laid in the cities, in addition there should be stand by teams every day to conduct repair and maintenance, in addition recover the expenditure from the contractor for poor quality / sub standard in case if the road is damage prior to its standard life.
The city roads should be divided into block wise, ward wise, all roads should be Inspected daily with vehicles equipped with high resolution CC cameras with web casting to find out any damages, potholes etc and take measurements and the same should be quickly get repaired over night, or maximum in couple of days.
For this there should be a 24/7 working inter departmental coordination teams, along with trained staff to conduct repair quickly. This measure will certainly yield the desired results.
In addition there should be a mobile APP for taking photographs of any damages to road, drainage system, man holes, electric, telephone cable, etc and sending it to the government by citizens with place of photograph, and immediately within hours the government team must reach and assess the impact and should make a plan to rectify the same in the wee hours of next day as the traffic density will be low in the wee hours.
Also need is to ensure no vehicles stand on the road side, especially the buses, as most of the cities there is no depression for buses to stop, it is necessary to create depressions for bus stops, it is necessary in the event of alternative even no odd no vehicles system, the fleet of buses increase, and without depressions there will be heavy traffic jams due to buses standing on the roads occupying majority of the road, even for few seconds if a bus stops on the road, which leads to several minutes of traffic jam, as such it is necessary to create depressions for bus stops to avoid huge emissions.
Also required is to ensure all man holes are maintained regularly and ensure no man holes are open, semi open. Over flowing, as these are also causing slowing down of traffic
Also required is keeping depressions for garbage collections and ensuring all the garbage is collected daily, if required, enhance the number of garbage bins in a locality, ensure no over flow of garbage on the roads, which is also one of the major cause of shrinking the roads leading to slow down of traffic, causing traffic jams. Government must install high resolution CC cameras with web casting for monitoring all garbage store rooms, garbage bins, for ensuring they are not over filled, also people will not over throw on the roads.
Also required is to ensure no commercial activities on the pavements by street vendors and make the pavements clean, walk able, in addition levy of heavy fine for walking on the traffic streets when pavements are existing, making it mandatory that citizens use the zebra pedestal crossing, pavements to walk, in addition use of foot over bridges, under pass bridges. It is necessary to build number of foot over brides to reduce people walking on the traffic streets.
Also required is all roads in the cities are under High resolution CC camera monitoring for ensuring people adhere to road standards, prevention of crime.
Also need to make measures to stop the animals coming to the roads, for this government must have animal senses ward wise and ensure every animal is tied with RFID tagging, for all animals like buffalos, cows, goats, sheep’s in the city, and levy of heavy fine for the owners of the animals for letting the animals come to the traffic roads in the cities, violation of more than three times should lead to imprisonment, all stray animals must be sent to adoption centers; Also there should be quick response teams to remove the dead animals on the roads, as it also leads to slow down of traffic, by observing roads through CC camera monitoring, also in case any responsible by passing citizen sends a photograph, information about such observation.
Also required is complete ban of street vendors, selling products near the traffic islands are also some times causes traffic to get slow down in case the person near to the signal buys a product, bargaining, or paying cash, waiting for change etc leading to few seconds of traffic delay, which is causing further delay of few minutes for several hundreds of vehicles who are back of the vehicles who caused this traffic jam, he/ she may not expect, notice such a jam, as they will cross the signal with ease. The case is more or less same with street behind people on the traffic signals, as such govt. Must make complete ban of begging on the roads, traffic islands, who are also causing slow down of traffic,; t is a fact that in cities if traffic jam occurs at one place the case cascading effect will be seen in most part of the cities.
Also required is proper maintenance of traffic signalling and continues monitoring (24/7), area wise all traffic signals, also need to ensure sufficient time for all signals, as some places the signals are for a short duration as low as 5 sec, which is ridiculous, in such cases people are putting the vehicle engine on with raising the engine to high to quickly move out from the signal leading to more emissions, as such it is necessary to study traffic and provide sufficient time for vehicles to move.
Also the traffic island signalling should be dynamic operated as per demand on the traffic on the roads rather than fixed number of seconds of time, as there are some places where one side of traffic signal there is hardly any traffic/ vehicles in spite of green light at the same time other side there is several hundreds of vehicles stranded due to red light, which is also leading to more emissions, the dynamic traffic lighting will certainly reduce the emissions to a certain extent
Also it should be mandatory that all commercial vehicles (passenger, goods), all four wheelers should have a GPS enabled mobile, system, they should provide the starting point and destinations point, the government provide the optimal route based on the traffic at various places so that the vehicles follow the route map given by government to avoid traffic jams to reduce emissions.
Also required is to provide details of signals and number of seconds in general that signal, with subjected to normal traffic on all sides, in special cases the same should be in dynamic mode to reduce or increase the signal time and the same should be made available to all people in the traffic through GPS mobile APP.
Also required is to ensure only president, prime minister of country and PM, PRESIDENT OF FOREIGN countries only should be given signal free traffic movement (green channel), all others should follow all traffic signals, as it is a fact just for few minutes of stopping at a single signal leading to several hours of traffic jams leading to heavy emissions.
Also complete ban of protests, political road shows in the roads, all the protests which are democratic rights should be allowed to perform in a designated place, similarly political meetings, and gatherings in designated places in the city out skirts. As it is a fact that for every now and then the most of the non ruling parties, NGO’s are indulging in protests just like that on the busy streets, of the cities especially the capital cities leading to heavy traffic diversion, leading to several hours of slow traffic movement in the entire city, also some places traffic traffic jams all leading to heavy emissions of pollution, causing severe respiratory issues to people
Also complete ban on religious processions, marriage possessions, or any other kind of possessions on the city roads, with exception to president and prime minister of the country; also all kinds of processions for any event whether celebration or for memory of beloved persons, as these processions leads to traffic diversions and traffic jams leading to heavy emissions.
All the above measures of road will certainly ensure smooth flow of traffic with minimum or no traffic jams, which is will reduce emissions to a great extent.
ESTABLISHMENT OF VERMI COMPOST PLANTS IN THE OUTSKIRTS TO CONVERT DRY LEAVES WASTE TO VERMI COMPOST, INSTEAD OF BURNING CAUSING POLLUTION
92) Also it is necessary that waste collected from parks, roads mostly contain dry leaves, in general the disposal of such waste is getting burnt which is causing pollution, it is ideal that the dry leafs waste accumulated daily should be converted to organic fertilizer, as leaves contain many minerals which are essential for plants. as such government must establish a vermi compost plant on its own or through PPP near the out skirts of cities near the railway tracks (prefer in the railway lands), and provide at very nominal cost to the end users within 300 km radius from the railway siding unloading yards. In case private agencies operate the all leafs collected from the roads, parks must be transported free of cost to the site of duping yard of the private vermin compost manufacturer, and while choosing private manufacturers, preference should be given to farmers associations to directly consume the final product.
This measure not only saves pollution due to burning of dry leaves, but it also saves use of chemical fertilizers for farming, in addition creating lively hood through employment to thousands of people, thus contributing for overall health one from reduction of pollution due to smoke on burning, one due to reducing chemical fertilizers for the food grains, horticulture products. This measure is necessary as transportation cost is big burden for the vemi compost manufacturers from the cities, and in case cities are with more greenery like parks, and trees on the sides of roads several tonnes of dry leaves are collected every day, more no of trees in the fall/ autumn, and instead of carrying most of the parks, road sweeping burn the collection at one place.
93) Also complete ban of burning dry leaves, and it should a punishable offence to burn the dry leafs/ garbage, especially in the RWA, gated communities.
BANNING WOOD FIRED STOVES IN THE CITIES; CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO CUT THE TRESS; CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO USE WOOD FOR FUNERALS
94) Also government must conduct physical survey of use of Stoves for cooking in every ward wise/ village wise, especially in the slums, and provide non wood based stoves for the slum dwellers/ low income group in the cities in the first phase, and to all the rural people in the second phase, which include solar cooking, electric cookers, smokeless chulas/ stoves/ small gas cylinders fitted with stove either free/ on monthly instalment and make it criminal offence to use the wood fired stoves for cooking in the cities, after providing the alterative equipment for cooking. This measure is very necessary as most of the wood fired stoves are in the slums which are already fully congested and the smoke causes severe respiratory disorders for the slum dwellers, especially the infants, children and pregnant women, aged people,
95) Also government must make it mandatory that all wood sellers get registered with government, and must sell the wood after taking the end user contact details and on bills; with recording the purpose of the use of the wood as declared by the end user; Ban on sale of wood other than furniture making.
96) Also ban on sale of wood even for funerals in the cities in the first phase and over a period of time in all rural areas. It should be criminal offence to use wood for funerals which is otherwise causing pollution to a great extent as several Lakhs of dead bodies are fired every year, using millions of tonnes of wood, further causing environmental degradation by cutting millions of grown up trees and it takes several years to get that growth of tree. As such government must take bold initiative in this regard. This measure not only saves several tons of carbon emissions, it also saves several Lakhs of tress every year thus improving the green cover on the territory.
97) Also government must make it a criminal offence to cut the trees (even part of the branches) not only in the public places but also in all RWA/ Societies and also private independent houses; in case the trees are causing some disturbance after over grown they should take the permission of the local municipal/ forest department officials to cut the branches; in case trees are removed without permission, it should a non bail able criminal offence. In case on a vacant plot several trees ore raise and the vacant plot is going to use for any construction, in the event that the trees un avoidably need to be axed/ up rooted (with permission from the forest dept) then the person who owns the property must pay penalty to ensure trees are raised in the other places. This measure ensures love for green to the people also protects trees from indiscriminate cutting in the RWA and societies and other places, Also it should be the responsibility of the RWA and society associations to submit online the details of Trees in a stand format for government maintaining the tress census in the territories. The maintenance of the trees should be the responsibility of the RWA/ society association. Govt must provide all necessary advices.
The above measure is necessary as due to rapid urbanisation all the trees are getting axed indiscriminately as a result greenery is shrinking/ vanishing from the urban areas and urban areas are turning into concrete jungles.
98) Also mandatory that all the educational institutions, all the office establishments must raise indoor plants that purify the air in each and every room/ two plants for every 200 sft built up closed carpet area. This measure further reduces the effect of pollution in educational institutes/ commercial office establishments; n addition government must provide subsidy for raising indoor air purifier plats to all house hold, this measure will certainly improve the indoor air in homes, office, but also it relieves stress to certain extent as green living plants provide pleasant-ness to eyes, as they have life, also it will provide some exercise to pour water and caring them daily.
Also government must make it mandatory that all people in at apartments, independent houses must mandatory rise plants like Tulsi, Palm trees which provide greenery, sufficient oxygen.
99) Mandatory teaching, making them to practice for few minutes every day for all students, employees the breathing exercises for ensuring their lungs are de congested, improve the lung capacity to inhale for ensuring more volumes of oxygen available for the metabolism system foe better health of the people
Quality air can be made available to people especially living in cities through fixing root causes of the vehicular pollution; the stringent measures of issuing driving licence ensures all drivers who drive vehicles hence forth adhere to optimal driving standards of using clutch, changing of gears at correct speeds, maintaining correct RPM will certainly reduce emissions to certain extent, in addition to reduction of accidents; also fixing the fuel adulteration through continues monitoring ensuring same quality of fuel that was manufactured at the oil refiners is available to the vehicles at fuel stations which will certainly reduce further the emissions, also ensuring periodic maintenance of the vehicle that too only at registered service centers with qualified/ trained technicians will further reduce emissions, also ensuring availability of quality spares with ban of manufacture, sale, use of sub standard spare parts will further reduce emissions; also ensuring daily check for the fitness of vehicles from tyre pressure to engine oil, to fuel, battery will further reduce emissions, also daily maintenance of digital long book ensures the details of vehicle movement recorded which makes the vehicle owners alerted for periodic maintenance, also it ensures drivers drive only for 8 hours a day which improves quality of driving due to less fatigue, also vehicle pooling for government officials, for all citizens through residence welfare association further reduce emissions due to less density of vehicles on the roads, also due to availability of quality roads in city through daily repair observation/inspection through High resolution CC cameras fitted in vehicles recording the road conditions and repairing it over night to ensure smooth roads without any potholes will further reduce emissions due to less traffic jams, also ensuring depressions for bus bays will further reduce traffic jams thus help in reducing emissions, also daily monitoring, lifting of garbage from the garbage bins placed on roads will also ensure no shrinking of roads, also banning processions whether marriage, political, funeral or religious, protests on the city streets further ensures that smooth flow of traffic, also limiting green channel moment on the roads limit to the prime minister and president of country and foreign countries will further improve the free flow of traffic without traffic jams and reduced emissions of several millions of tonnes, due to the fact few seconds, minutes of stranded traffic during peak hours to provide green channel movement for one single person leads to several Lakhs of vehicles movement got slowed down leading to millions of tonnes of emissions; also limited commercial permit for all Non passenger vehicles of 2 wheelers, 4 wheelers like APP based radio taxi will further reduce the density of vehicles on the roads, thus reduces emissions, in addition to reducing load on the public mass transport system, also making mandatory that all commercial passenger vehicles to be under APP based booking with GPS tracking and payments for trips through mobile valet will certainly be more convenient to passengers, also more business for commercial passenger vehicle, also a single pre paid smart card for bus, metro rail, incentives for pre paid card payment makes ease of travel in public transport, also fixing driving time limit of 8 hours a day along with APP based mandatory commercial operations of all vehicles after end of duty hours returning empty will create further availability of transport for citizens, especially in the evening hours, also continuous tracking of journey of female travellers in the commercial passenger vehicles will ensure maximum safety for female travellers, also non-bail-able criminal offence to drive commercial passenger vehicles after consuming alcohol, tobacco products, drugs etc will further reduce crimes also improves driving and reduces accidents, also making alternative day even no odd number vehicles on the cities improves air quality in cities through drastic reduction of emissions, different colour bar-coding stickers for identification of even number, odd number, exempted vehicles also instant exemption for medical emergencies through SMS request, exemption for doctors, senior citizens, pregnant women, police, military, emergency services, electronic media OB vans, will ensure all necessary categories got relived from resection of vehicles movement in the event of alternate day even no odd no, with automatic revoking of restrictions of alternative day during natural calamities ensures by and large public follow the norms of restriction, also making stricter norms for parking with all parking places under High resolution CC camera surveillance, with mandatory to get bar coded parking slips from RTA website by submitting details of vehicle, registration, details of periodic maintenance, details of periodic pollution check, bar coding reading machine connected to online real RTA to allow vehicles to park in all parking places will certainly reduce emissions, traffic violations, ensure vehicles are maintained periodically, also ensure vehicles undergo periodic pollution checks, also ensure people will to follow vehicle restriction norms in the event of alternative day even no, odd no, vehicles as almost all vehicles has to park somewhere either in the office, markets or commercial complexes, or bus, rail, airport, without bar coded parking ticket it is not possible to park the vehicle, if parked un authrisdly will be liable for heavy penalty will certainly bring a change in the vehicle owners behaviour, in addition making it mandatory all associations of commercial passenger, goods vehicles (taxi stands, auto stands, goods vehicle stand) or ensuring they provide the details of vehicles in their territory, making it their responsibility to ensure all commercial vehicles adhere to traffic norms, in addition also making residents welfare associations, apartment associations partly responsible for sending population of data of each vehicle owner to RTA, also making them to ensure that their members follow the traffic, vehicle emission norms will certainly ensure maximum population of vehicles flow the pollution emission norms; also mandatory learning of bicycles for students, incentives for using bicycles, building vertical parking stand for bicycles and government providing bicycles at nominal rent will ensure more users of bicycle thus emissions get contained to certain extent, also restricting distance of educational institutions maximum of 10 km from home of students, also making penalty of employees travelling more than 15 km to attend workplace from home will further reduce number of Km of travel, which will lead to substantial reduction of vehicle pollution, also banning using of personal vehicles for reaching educational institutions with mandatory for all educational institutions maintain CNG bus/electric mini vans, all students must travel by bus, bicycle will further reduce the pollution emissions, which is a great reliever of pollution effect on students, also incentives for people who voluntarily use the public mode of transport, incentives for buying bicycles, electric vehicles,; also incentives for people shifting from faraway places of present residence to less than 5 km residence near to office / school ensures more people will shift homes near to work place, thus reducing substantial about of vehicular movement, in addition making it a criminal offence to cut trees, to burn fossils, dead leafs, garbage, also using wood for cooking, for funerals, also making students to plant a tree every year will certainly makes more greenery contributing to availability of more oxygen, also making it mandatory to raise indoor air purifier pants in every class room in educational institutions, in every office, also subsidies for raising indoor air purifier plants for residents will further ensure availability of quality air to people, also making mandatory to teach, learn, practice breathing exercises will ensure de cognition of chocked lungs, and ensure lungs capacity got enhance for better & more breathing ensuring more oxygen available for body leading to healthy life.
The above are immediate measures that will be useful in long run in the permanent manner, also required is building of bicycle tracks where ever possible in the existing cities and all future SMART cities must have bicycle tracks. In addition creation of Central authority for integration of data of all vehicles, all drivers in the country and issue of fuel through smart card reading of vehicle registration as well as driving licence will ensure all standards are maintained, will not only ensure vehicular emissions are minimal, ensuring healthy living of people, but also ensures growth of economy of the country, and occurance of sustained development and inclusive growth of all sections of people in the country.
PRADEEP KUMAR KUNCHE
Think Social Engineering Think Me